Outline of Role
As part of the Coastdown team, this position is responsible for the development and timely delivery of road-load data through vehicle coastdown activities (and other means dependant on emerging technology) in order to support the certification of all Jaguar and Land Rover products. Responsibilities include planning and coordination of coastdown activities to ensure efficient development of detailed, accurate data that complies with corporate and global legislative standards.
This is an international position based in the Phoenix area of Arizona. Travel to Europe will be required. Travel to China and South America may be required as worldwide legislation develops. In addition, domestic travel will be required.
- Plan, lead, and coordinate US-based coastdown activities to develop road-load data
- Work closely with JLR Certification Market Leads and their supporting functions
- Interface with regulators as required
- Build effective relationships across the department and wider business
- Lead a small team as required during vehicle testing
- Liaise with JLR facilities and budgetary teams
- Develop, review, and improve relevant corporate processes
- Assist the coastdown team at global locations as required
- Assist the JLR North America Emissions and Fuel Economy team in other tasks as required
Key Criteria for Role:
5-7 years experience with strong automotive technical background is required, preferably with prior experience in coastdown testing or other related automotive testing. Good communication skills and interpersonal skills are also essential as this position is responsible for leading small teams in various geographic locations.
- BS degree or equivalent (will consider comparable experience)
- Excellent writing skills, interpersonal skills, and verbal skills
- Effective communicator – able to brief technical issues to peers and management
- Decisive, innovative, and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Leadership experience
- Proven ability to work on multiple diverse projects and meet objectives
- Results driven, demonstrating Integrity, tenacity, and perseverance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Travel (domestic and international)
- Eligible to work in the United States