The Global Client Leader is the most senior agency leader and client contact for one of our largest clients in North America within Health Care and will be charged with setting the vision, direction and strategy globally for how Wunderman-led solutions will enable the client to achieve its brand and portfolio, as well as product and service goals. They will also marshal the appropriate Wunderman teams, bringing all of our data, creative, technology and marketing services acumen to bear.
Additionally, they will work closely with the WPP Team, WPP Health and Wellness CEO, Wunderman Health, office leads and functional leads, and will have the ultimate responsibility for revenue, growth and delivery of services primarily in NA but with global expansion opportunities. They will also work closely and facilitate collaboration across WPP sister agencies that share the client’s business.
About the role:
The ideal candidate must have top-notch and proven client and team leadership capabilities. They also must be a thought-leader, understanding the client’s current business landscape with an eye toward how the client will continue to evolve its brand and corporate marketing to meet customer and shareholder needs both now and in the future.
This is an exciting time to partner with the client as they strive to achieve and sustain its leading place as the world's premier research-based pharmaceutical company. The company's continued success benefits patients, customers, shareholders, business partners, families and the communities they operate all around the world. Wunderman is fortunate to work on their top three growth brands with strong year over year agency growth poised to continue in 2017. Wunderman is also in the midst of a resurgence under the leadership of Global CEO, Mark Read, with positive business momentum and the deepening of our unique position within the marketplace.
- “Owner” of the global client relationship; the proverbial ‘buck stops here’ for agency and client management
- Overall P&L responsibility for the business, including account revenue and profit, growth and delivery globally
- Engage with the most senior client executives to deliver key Wunderman resources to meet (and build upon) client needs across all corporate business groups.
- Serve as a strategic advisor to Wunderman and WPP
- Act as the ‘big picture’ thinker and proactive idea generator for the client’s business
- Build, lead and manage a business development “hunter” function partnering closely with WPP Team for Wunderman and for other WPP agencies involved
- Engage with Wunderman colleagues across all regions currently servicing the relationship, evangelizing best practices, recommending appropriate investments, and ensuring that Wunderman delivers the best possible product to the client with the highest level of service and professionalism
- Proven success in global client management at the most senior level within a matrixed agency environment
- Global technology marketing leadership account experience
- Dynamic leadership, management and team building skills
- Health care thought leader/strategic thinker/practice builder
- Customer relationship management, digital and direct marketing experience
- Ability to motivate and mentor
- Outstanding presence and charisma
- Hands-on client and agency team leader, engaged and involved in client work
- Strong client facing skills – effective and persuasive with both internal and external clients
- Able to work across WPP agencies, networks and non-WPP agencies globally and in a matrix of direct and indirect reporting relationships to deliver and meet client needs
- Excellent communicator; able to interact at the Board level
- Strong written, oral and project management skills with a consulting experience
- A self-starter who is capable of operating across lines of business
- Commercial and cultural fluency across global markets
- A senior agency executive with a minimum of 15+ years of professional experience in health care, digital, direct and data marketing, advertising and related disciplines
- Biopharmaceutical experience both consumer and HCP; Payor knowledge attractive. Experience with autoimmune, vaccines and oncology preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of RM, CRM, Direct, Digital, Loyalty marketing, as well as all relevant BTL marketing activities
- “Best Practice” knowledge in email, website, online advertising, collateral, retail, targeted media, customer experience, customer service and support
- Understanding of Marketing Automation, platforms and technologies, as well as content marketing, social and mobile marketing
- BA/BS degreerequired; MBA a plus.