What You'll Do
Claim Operation Management
- Responsible for meeting service targets consistently with speed and accuracy for all Vrbo claims
- Lead the Global Claims Team (15 people) to resolve all customer claims queries, critical issues, high value claims and fraud detection within agreed service levels
- Ensure complaints are efficiently and effectively handled, taking appropriate action to address issues raised and introduce long-term improvements
- Enable Team Members to have the right level of capability, skills and knowledge to successfully achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and service targets
- Responsible for claims quality assessing and claims audit. Audit and review all aspects of the service including the verification of claims payments ensuring accuracy and efficiency
- Be on top of claims payout and ensure prompt escalation of any potential overspends
Policy and Processes
- Evaluate and develop existing processes, engaging with key stakeholders to ensure changes are sustainable and that we realise the benefits identified at the outset
- Understand and apply all legal, regulatory and compliance requirements and report any breaches when identified
- Aware of and apply all company policies and procedures to ensure service standards are met in accordance with SLA and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure procedures and policies are documented, and subject to version control and regular update.
- Work with Risk Analysts, Policy Manager, Training and Content and Operational Team Managers (Traveler Care Team,Trust and Safety, Escalation and Resolution team) to ensure all operational processes are optimized to reach the best possible outcome for both Vrbo and customers.
- Work closely with finance, product, product marketing and leadership to promote and recommend changes and initiatives that will support targets achievements and alignment with business needs
Who You are
- At least 4 years experience in risk management or claims/insurance management with significant experience in insurance/guarantee customer experience, project management and/or financial services industries
- Bachelor degree or equivalent, advanced certification in insurance, risk or project management a plus
- Significant knowledge of claims management and standard methodologies
- A proven track record of achieving and exceeding target results in a similar environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
- Strong audit and data analysis skills
- Strong stakeholder management experience, with the ability to build and strengthen relationships within the business and internal teams
- Project management experience including demonstrating successful process improvement initiatives, project management certification a plus
- Consistent record of maintaining and meeting budget plan expectations
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills in English, other languages a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on Vrbo.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.