Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the Company’s comprehensive, global AML/CTF Program and ensure policy and program updates appropriately reflect changes in prevailing regulations and other applicable laws, and product/service offerings.
- Direct and advise the Regional AML Officers (RAMLOs) and broader Compliance team, generally, on corporate customer due diligence and individual payees in line with the Company's compliance policies, procedures, prevailing regulation and best practices.
- Analyze complex anti-money laundering matters and provide advice and direction to RAMLOs and Compliance team, generally.
- Review jurisdictional AML risk assessments and advise the RAMLOs in the development of AML plans that articulate the regional AML risks, objectives and initiatives for the coming year.
- Oversee global AML/CTF including transaction monitoring, KYC, and sanctions screening policies and control framework.
- Provide advice and guidance on escalation and review of higher risk relationships, and transparency and accountability to support the overall AML program.
- Provide thought leadership on best practices for financial crimes program policy governance.
- Maintain and enhance an enterprise-wide AML/CTF compliance training program.
- Oversee large and complex cross-jurisdictional AML/CTF-related projects.
- Ensure effective and timely regulatory reporting practices in all operating jurisdictions including U.S., Canada, EU/UK, and Australia. Filings include Suspicious Activity/Transaction Reports (SARs/STRs) and Electronic Funds Transfer Reports (EFTRs).
- Direct all examinations by external and internal auditors, regulators and bank partners involving AML/CTF and sanctions compliance.
- Ensure productive management practices and clear communications among the AML managers and legal, product, IT, operations, and sales.
- Serve as a key member of the Regulatory Compliance Working Group and support reporting to the Enterprise Risk Committee, the Boards of Directors, and other executive governance forums.
- At least 10+ years of relevant experience in the financial services industry in progressive roles within a regulatory, payment, operational compliance, risk management and/or related banking service function.
- Solid working knowledge and experience with regional/country AML/CTF laws and regulations including specifically AML, CTF, OFAC, BSA, CIP/KYC, MTL, and MSB related regulations, rules, and guidelines.
- Meaningful experience working with various federal and state banking regulators; with expertise in EU, Australia, Asia-Pacific jurisdictions strongly preferred.
- Strong ability to understand, analyze, translate, and communicate regulations into clear and concise policies and procedures.
- Thrives in a fast paced, high-tech entrepreneurial environment with the ability to deliver high quality results under time pressure and handle several projects at once.
- Willingness to travel, both domestically and internationally.
- Clear and concise communication in written, verbal and presentation skills. Executive-level communication and presentation to the Board required.
- Strong expertise of MS Word, EXCEL and PowerPoint.
- College degree in relevant fields required
- Advance degree (e.g. JD, MBA, etc.) a plus
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) and/or similar certification