CPI makes the technology that powers your everyday life. If you’ve ever used a self-checkout, played the slots at a casino, gotten a drink from a vending machine, or paid to park your car, you’ve probably done so with the aid of one of the 10 million devices installed by CPI. From cash and coins to cards and mobile, we keep the world of payments moving with smart validation devices and business-management software. Our technology powers more than 4 billion transactions every week – and we want you to be a part of it.
Payment technology is constantly evolving, and our associates are up for the challenge. We pride ourselves in our ability to deliver excellent service and support for our vast existing field base, while pushing the envelope of innovation to design and deliver new solutions that reflect the modern payment landscape.
At CPI you will become a valuable part of our culture of inclusion and collaboration, working in partnership with more than 3,000 global associates supporting 110 countries and currencies. If you are interested in making a global impact, we are looking for a full-time Senior Test Engineer to join us in our Malvern, Pennsylvania location.
About the role:
The Senior Test Engineer is accountable for developing and executing test plans, as well as evaluating test results to determine compliance with said test plans and established business processes. The Sr. Test Engineer will drive test processes, general test infrastructure, tools and methodologies for use across various products in assigned POD (product development team) and also responsible for the analysis of user stories and will collaborate with cross-functional teams (management, developers, test engineers, operations, and product managers) to test features against business and technical requirements. The incumbent must be a strong technical leader, an independent, critical and analytic thinker, have excellent communication skills and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands.
About the team:
Candidate will be part of Software Test team working on Managed Services AWS and IoT device communication projects. Team consists of 3 full time resources located in Malvern PA and 5 are at offshore (India) including 3 working on automation testing.
Why work with us:
With a 160-year history of innovation and growth, more than 3,000 patents, and an unmatched commitment to success, you are joining a company that has shaped the global landscape of technology. At CPI, you will become a valuable part of an inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation, all while directly impacting global payment solutions. Come see your ideas make change.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Attend sprint-planning meetings and discuss testing issues.
- Review Business requirements and ensure requirements directly translate to technical requirements and solutions developed by the Engineering team.
- Thoroughly analyses requirements, come up with scenarios, and implement testing.
- Create, review, execute, document and manage test strategies, test plans, re-usable test scenarios across all products in assigned POD.
- Responsible for the preparation of test environments and test data.
- Provide regular communication of project status and issues requiring escalation.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers. Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Perform Debugging and Root Cause Analysis of component failures and customer reported issues.
- Make recommendations on acceptable risks in the application.
- Spear-head and manage Production releases and offer In-window testing support for both planned and unplanned releases (outages)
- Provide technical leadership and consultation with regards to quality practices, procedures and techniques.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Participate in product spec reviews, code reviews, design, Defect triage, scheduling, and other product development process
- Drive improvements to the team's test tools and test infrastructure.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Manage and support internal customers like Regression, product support teams.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 5+ years of working experience in Quality assurance/Software Testing.
- Strong background in Agile & waterfall methodologies.
- 5+ years of experience in planning and execution of functional testing processes
- Working knowledge of defect management process, risk management with mitigation and enterprise testing standards.
- Strong competency in requirement analysis, prioritizing tasks & identify risks
- Strong QA analytical skills and experience of web application validation.
- Basic knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, MS SQL)
- Organized and able to multi task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of Git, Jira or similar version control and Test management tools is required.
- Ability to be flexible to work with global distributed teams in offshore to accommodate work schedule and hours to attend key project meetings.
- Ability to travel as necessary to meet project deadlines.
- Good understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent personal skills. Communicates effectively builds relationships and influence others.
- Desirable or plus to have
- Working Experience/understanding of automation testing.
- Experience developing or testing Linux software applications / RTOS environments.
- Experience in scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash, etc.)
- Familiarity with wireless technologies (802.11, GPRS, CDMA), RF and optical design
- Familiarity with electronic payment systems and industry
- ISTQB/AWS Cloud certified Test Engineer
Key Attributes for Success
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Excellent influencing skills, analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive and able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities
- Results and people oriented with sound judgment—ability to balance other business considerations
- Team player – able to work in a matrix organization
- Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing