An exciting and entrepreneurial opportunity to help drive the commercial success of Kantar Marketplace. In this position, you will report to the Global Head of Business Development, Kantar Marketplace and work collaboratively with the global community to drive overall revenue attainment for this business.
Kantar is the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with advanced technologies, Kantar’s 30,000 people help clients understand people and inspire growth.
Kantar Marketplace is an automated market research platform designed for insights professionals, marketers and agencies who want to test, learn and move faster. It is the only market research platform with solutions that have been independently validated to predict sales and brand growth. We are committed to helping our clients unlock powerful insights through our verified audiences, intuitive self-serve dashboards and expert consulting - in over 50 countries.
The platform powers both a core storefront and portfolio of self-serve and serviced agile solutions (Kantar Marketplace), plus client-specific versions of the platform and portfolio (Kantar Marketplace Enterprise).
Our ‘audacious goal’ is that by 2022 Kantar Marketplace will be the leading automated research & insights platform, generating incremental revenues for Kantar in excess of $100M at industry leading profit margins.
The Global Business Director role will be responsible for working with the global community including Kantar Marketplace Champions, Global Client Leads (GCLs) and key business leads across Kantar to drive client penetration and revenue of Kantar Marketplace.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Dedicated to driving the commercial success of the Kantar Marketplace platform, across all solutions available through achievement of revenue targets.
- Collaborative, commercial lead, working closely with the Kantar Marketplace Champions, Global Client Leads (GCLs) and key business.
- Support on the development of a global business development and sales strategy.
- Help drive deployment and adoption of the global strategy to local markets.
- Partner and strategically align with GCLs to drive adoption and penetration of KMP within their clients.
- Respond with speed to inquiries from our key and strategic global clients on pitches or requests for proposal/information.
- Lead platform demos focusing on unique selling propositions with a keen eye toward competitors
- Work within a matrix structure to harness the capabilities of the team and support the crafting winning proposals /solutions.
- Pitch the broader Kantar Marketplace vision internally and externally by articulating compelling value propositions around our offer.
- Handle in-depth knowledge of products and technologies, competitors, and market conditions.
- Achievement of revenue and profitability targets, especially among the Globally Lead Accounts.
- Establishes strong relationships with Kantar Marketplace Champions, Global Client Leads (GCLs) and key business leads across Kantar in driving sales of Kantar Marketplace.
- Our differentiated value proposition is widely understood, both internally and externally.
EXPERIENCE & CAPABILITIES
- Possess a commercial mind set / business orientation along with gravitas, and relationship-building skills needed to build rapport and influence senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to establish strong cross-functional relationships; influence and inspire others; strategic thinking; effective presentation skills and organizational agility.
- Proficiency selling technology, market research solutions or marketing technology across various client verticals and within one or more of our domain areas of expertise.
- A desire to win.
- Capacity to collaborate effectively with dispersed and multi-party teams & working within a matrix structure to harness capabilities of the team and craft a winning proposal/solution
- Proven ability to identify, build and secure strategic and profitable business relationships.
- Ability to interface directly with clients with good presentation skills and ability to command a presence with clients and team members.
- Ability to work at a fast pace, true self-starter mentality.
- Strategic-thinker who systematically solves problems and hypothesizes possible customer pain points, expectations and implicit needs. Brainstorms with team members to devise solutions to solve complex deal challenges.
- Able to tailor communication to the customers need with authority; effectively delivers presentations and has strong verbal and written communications skills.