World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
The science of electronics is transforming exponentially through innovation and connectivity around the planet. Every day, breakthroughs are making technologies – from micro-processors, memory chips and flat panels to photovoltaic cells – even smaller and more powerful, opening up countless new possibilities in how the world lives, works and connects. Air Liquide Advanced Materials grows by enabling our customers to innovate. Our ALOHA™ and Voltaix® products are critical to the manufacturer of the newest computer chips required for Big Data and the Internet of Things.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
Please click on the link below for additional information regarding Air Liquide Advanced Materials:
Located in Branchburg, NJ
Provide leadership to the Information Technology Business Applications Team including, but not limited to; prioritization of business initiatives, coordination of project-related deliverables, professional guidance to ensure career development, creating opportunities for education and advancement, and ensuring the stability of the information technology infrastructure (systems, software, etc).
The Global Business Applications Manager will also be responsible for configuration and maintenance of applications and business process solutions. The ability to analyze, design, test and implement systems, which enable the business community to achieve their goals and objectives, is critical to the success of this role.
Essential duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead and support the Business Applications Team responsible for development and maintenance of end-to-end business needs for the following areas:
- Order to Cash/Procurement
- Assist in the development and execution of the IT Strategic Plan, which aligns IT initiatives with business goals and strategies
- Lead efforts to deliver IT applications to the business community by leveraging resources, and third party relationships
- Participate in departmental budget preparation and assume responsibility for managing team specific items
- Work with the business community to develop business cases that help justify and prioritize initiatives while adhering to overall business plan.
- Work with the business community to define requirements, goals & objectives, critical success factors, project barriers, resources etc with the ultimate goal of delivering the correct solution.
- Lead IT teams through the application development life cycle while adhering to standard project management methodologies. Focus must be placed on quality of deliverables, adherence to scope, and strong management to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Lead efforts to evaluate, select, design and implement new systems
- Manage third party relationships, including, but not limited to, contract negotiations, delivery of agreed upon service levels, periodic service reviews and information sharing with the goal of maintaining a cohesive partnership.
- Develop and maintain a high-performing / highly motivated team, by establishing challenging career opportunities, and implementing development programs.
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Prepare written documentation such as process flowcharts and narratives that define systems, problems, and solutions designed to enhance or resolve business situations
- Interview end-users to understand and document business functional requirements
- Translate end-user requirements into detailed program specifications that are provided to programmers (both internal and external) for systems development
- Create unit and linkage test plans that ensure programs meet systems requirements
- Work with end-users to develop, document, and execute systems test plans to ensure programs meet systems requirements
- Develop procedures, processes and guidelines for systems that are efficient and focused on the quality of the process or end-state deliverable
- Work with a great deal of autonomy, conferring with manager on unusual matters
- Substantial latitude for decision making with regard to assignments, advising manager after-the-fact. This includes, but is not limited to, implementing corrective measures to cure system related issues, allocating and directing resources to focus on priority items, setting direction to ensure that systems are scalable, reusable and robust.
- Coordinate and assist in development and execution of system conversions
- Develop procedures, processes and guidelines that are efficient and focused on the quality of the process or end-state deliverable
- Successfully complete required training
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in management information systems, computer science, and/or business, or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years experience in an Information Technology systems analysis function, working with end-users to translate business requirements into systems specifications
- 1+ years experience in an Information Technology project management capacity, coordinating multiple projects / resources, establishing priorities and mentoring team members
- Familiar with all stages of the system development life cycle from design through post-implementation
- At least one full life cycle SAP Implementation preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; ability to lead discussions, present ideas to audiences of all sizes, and interact with all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability and flexibility to quickly learn new applications and software
- Ability to work with teams or independently
- Experienced in leading / project managing specific pieces of work, people and/or deliverables
- Experience in business specifically in processes around wholesale distribution and retail a plus
- Proficiency with the Google applications and Microsoft Office suite
- Solid organization, time management, and project estimating skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, both as an individual contributor and as a team member.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required