Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
11 - 15 years
Posted 60 days ago
ABB is seeking a Global Business Line Communications Manager for its Atlanta, GA location. The Global Business Line Communications Manager will be responsible to contribute to business success through the development and deployment of innovative and effective external, internal and marketing communications activities in line with group and Electrification Business communications strategy as well as global and local standards and guidelines.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Responsible for developing the global communications strategy for the offering of the Electrification Business and for leading communications within the Business Line. Communication activities should position the brand and the ABB value proposition in the mind of the customer, employee and help augment the positive image of the Company. Responsible for guiding local marketing communications strategy and plans, ensuring they are aligned with global marketing and communication strategy of the Business and Business Line, respectively, and keeping in mind corporate and country communications strategies and guidelines. Contribute to Business Line positioning.
• Responsible for developing, implementing, measuring and improving communication plans to convey the value proposition and support sales initiatives to achieve ABB's business objectives. Ensures the development of cross Business divisional/functional marketing initiatives and employee engagement. Responsible for crisis communication planning, external communications and internal communication for the Business.
• Develops a platform of global marketing communications tools and campaigns as well as internal communication tools and a content menu from which local organizations can select and adapt to meet local customer needs.
• Develops global promotional activities using events, fairs, online campaigns, print media, and other communications vehicles to promote products, systems, and services through the whole life cycle.
• Ensures sound communication across multiple and appropriate media in coordination with division communication and aligned with the ABB communication strategy to extend the Company's visibility. Leads trade media initiatives and contributes to division and group level messaging and content including thought leadership and storytelling.
• Identifies, and selects external service providers where required, with due consideration to approved vendor lists. Defines quality and delivery targets for externally assigned activities, monitors ongoing progress, and resolves issues.
• Defines key targets and quality metrics for marketing communications initiatives. Reviews and evaluates results upon completion of the activities.
• Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Coaches, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies. Drives and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration. Leads HUB/ LBU/LSU/Product Group Communication managers across businesses and geographies. Leads communication resources within the Business.
• Manages and drives Business Communication budget globally, including annual bottom up budget process to be coordinated with local units, Business Line Managing Director and Business Line marketing.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college in Communications, English, Journalism or related fields with a minimum of 10 years experience in global communications specializing in executive communications, communications strategy and campaign management and/or thought leadership.
• Crisis and integration experience
• Self-starter who can drive work with limited oversight, take initiative, and work in ambiguous situations proactively
• Proven ability to develop high-quality work product in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Experience overseeing the development of communication for both internal and external audiences across a variety of platforms and channels
• Demonstrated strong leadership, organizational and project management skills; Strong consultative skills
• Strong presentation, writing / positioning and editing skills
• Proven ability to maintain budgets
• Demonstrated ability generating and executing creative ideas
• Experience using social media and new technologies strongly
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.