The Global TechnologyLeader enables process technology across the 8internal sites and 50 CMOs in alignment with the Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) global network strategy. The Global Biologics Technology team is a global team of over 40 diverse colleagues that have expertise in multiple technologies ranging from organic chemistry, microbiology to downstream fill finishing. The leader is accountable for executing a portfolio of over 50 technology transfers. The leader is also accountable for new product introductions; ensuring transformational technologies are robust and implemented in a timely way while ensuring appropriate measures are taken to mitigate risks to supply. The Global Biologics Technologyleader is also responsible for the process robustness of existing commercial products/processes to ensure that each site can meet their supply plans/commitments, annual budgets and cost improvement targets. The Global Biologics Technology Team leader interfaces directly with the Bios Platform, Leader Commercial and R&D on behalf of GMS for new product prioritization and launch planning.
- Lead the Global Biologics Technology team of over 40 colleagues, unifying the global, regional and site based teams to support the technology needs of Zoetis GMS.
- Support multiple bio technologies across vaccine & antigen manufacturing and filling for various species. Enable technology at the 8internal sites and across the >50 CMOs.
- Participate in key leadership teams GMT-LT and SAT. Provide technical and manufacturing input to support higher level decision making and ultimately result in the commitment of Zoetis GMS funds and assets.
- Represent GMS on CD/LCI – Global Asset Teams for products exceeding 100 MUSD in annual sales.
- Manage a transfer portfolio of >50 technology transfers that impact >0.5 BUSD in revenue. Ensure projects meet timeline, manage transfer expenses (averaging 1-1.5MUSD/transfer) and ensure mitigation of risks associated with transitioning supply.
- Ensure launches of new product meet financial targets by implementing robust process technology while achieving speed to market. Enable the execution of transformative technologies like mAbs and other innovative technologies in manufacturing. Ensure appropriate capacity in alignment with market forecasts.
- Identify, prioritize, staff and manage process robustness initiatives to ensure that supply plans, annual budgets and cost improvement targets can be met by all sites, External Supply and Strategic Sourcing.
- Ensure alignment of priorities across the GMS Biologics Technology organization. Manage conflicting priorities and resource limitations while meeting the technical needs of GMS.
- Harmonize/develop standard work process for transfers, Co-Development and new product launches, reliability maintenance, capital project management. Set guidelines for the use of these tools and ensure continuous improvement of these work processes.
- Conduct due diligence and technical evaluation of CMOs to support evaluation of potential sourcing options/changes and business development initiatives.
- Partner and align with technical experts outside of Zoetis to establish a technical leadership position in the industry.
- Technical spokesperson for GTS Bio
- Lead and develop colleagues within the technology organizations
- Represent GMStechnology with internal and external technology partners
- Act as a positive change agent for GMS
- PhD in relevant science or a BS/MS and equivalent years of years of experience
- Relevant advanced degree or training/certificate in manufacturing preferred
- >15years’ experience in pharma/Animal Health industry, ideally with deep expertise in at least one major product platform (biologics, MFAs, or pharmaceuticals)
- Manage a significant global team
- Demonstrated ability to lead significant global teams.
- Manage conflicting priorities and provide clear direction and leadership
- Enable critical business decisions
- Lead change
- Successful experience operating in different cultures and unfamiliar operating situations
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Being skilled at presenting to highest levels of leadership
- Proficiency in English