Overland Park, KS
Industry: Real Estate & Construction•
8 - 10 years
Posted 61 days ago
Responsible for the design and implementation of health and welfare benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness, and other related leave programs. Manages global benefit renewals with benefit broker and in-country HR team. Ensures all benefit programs are competitive, sustainable and meet the organization’s needs to attract and retain talent.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and execute long-term global benefits strategy
• Direct the design, implementation and administration of global offerings of employee health and welfare benefit programs
• Lead and oversee the annual benefits plan open enrollment processes.
• Review and analyze cost and utilization reports to evaluate the effectiveness of plans and manage overall budget
• Develop, recommend, and implement new or modified plans and employee benefit policies.
• Lead negotiation of agreements with vendors for optimized administration of benefits programs in partnership with consulting partners
• Collaborate with key stakeholders for effective and timely communications to plan participants.
• Ensure that benefit plans are administered in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations. Ensure that all plan filings and audits are performed to maintain plan qualification and compliance.
• Serve as HIPAA privacy officer
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or business-related area.
Experience: 8 or more years experience in Human Resources
Strong data analytics skills
Effective communication and presentation skills
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Demonstrated experience in benefits program design and delivery
• Experience managing global benefits programs (Americas, Europe, Asia)
• Knowledge of applicable laws affecting health and wellness programs including ERISA and HIPAA
• Certified Employee Benefits Specialist designation
• Solutions oriented with an inquisitive nature who can anticipate and pre-empt problems