Shutterstock is seeking a Global Affiliate Manager to help grow the channel and take it to the next level. This person will be responsible for maximizing affiliate revenues for Shutterstock products and brands globally. They will actively search and cultivate partnerships with new affiliate programs to drive profitable growth and revenue across multiple brands. This includes channel partner development, campaign maintenance, contract negotiation and budget planning. We are looking for an Affiliate Manager to recruit and manage affiliates (essentially creating and cultivating sales partnerships), help them drive profits, and hit the growth goals at a global scale. Creative thinking is required as well as collaboration with other team members and departments. This role is based in New York City or Montreal, Canada.
- Develop recruitment strategies to bring in new affiliates internationally - with some focus in the Motion space (Footage/Video and Music).
- Nurture and expand existing partnerships
- Managing affiliate network relationships by providing a fast, reliable point of contact
- Providing affiliates with strategies and resources to promote our brands, including custom banner ads, landing pages, tracking links, technical help and more
- Negotiating commission and othercontractual details with affiliates to drive traffic
- Attending networking events to recruit new affiliates
- Promoting the affiliate program to command a presence in the industry - monthly newsletters, conference presence, competitive offerings, ideas for referrals, etc.
- Share performance updates and learnings with the team
- Manage against monthly performance goals
- Collaborate across internal functional teams and stakeholders
- BA or BS in Marketing, Economics, Business, or related fields. MBA or MS in Marketing, Business or related field is a plus.
- 3-5 years experience in the Affiliate Management space - negotiating, implementing and optimizing affiliate marketing campaigns
- Advanced skills in Excel required
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, organizational, negotiation, and prioritization skills
- Able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with strong attention to detail, driving projects to completion under deadlines
- Self-directed and enthusiastic team player. Action oriented, ambitious and a go-getter
- Understanding of affiliate’s motivations, drives, and desires while still focusing on the company’s goals
- Comfortable talking to people at networking events, asking for tips or connections and talking deal/money specifics.
- Persistence (it may take quite a bit of follow-up and help to get some affiliates to start selling and many will never become active, long-term affiliates)
- You must understand how to 1) find new affiliates 2) get them on-boarded 3) help our existing affiliates maximize profit
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution