The Global Advanced Intelligence Network (GAIN) Lead collects, aligns, and steers the development of technology and business portfolios. The GAIN Lead develops, delivers, and maintains Bridgestone macro and technological trend expertise utilized for regional and global strategic planning activities aligned to business and customer needs.
Field & Market Intelligence: Subject matter Expertise on global Macro trends landscape and sources
- Hypothesize on socioeconomic and technological relevant to technology development and business
- Compare results of scouting against original hypotheses to assess and improve hypotheses
- Identify macro trends relevant to Bridgestone
- Work in regional scouting areas – e.g. Silicon Valley, Detroit, etc.
- Develop targets and establish new access to academic personnel in relevant fields
Analytical & Competitive Intelligence: Distill and deliver high level insights
- Process trends and potentially conflicting evidence that are discovered through research.
- Identify and prioritize trends relevant to technology and business
- Perform deep dive analysis on specific macro-trends/topics
- Prepare scenarios and proposals from macro trends based on relevance to Bridgestone
- Narrow the focus on concrete topics & activities for further analysis
- Simultaneously focus on macro and micro implications through analysis
- Initiate collection of information and deep dive analyses on macro-trends in respective country/region
Steer GAIN global and regional team activity aligned with Regional Needs and Global Research and Development Committee (GRDC):
- Hold monthly communication with Strategic Planning and ATC Leadership to ensure alignment that initiatives are meeting this objective
- Prepare Leadership before each GRDC meeting by reviewing all initiative content, global roadblocks and specific conflicts to ensure proper GRDC dialogue and decision making
- Propose new or adjusted initiative content when roadblocks or conflicts occur.
- Leverage local GRDC members as needed for support
- Stimulate improved GRDC function via virtual meetings and advanced content when there is potential for unaligned decision making or poor discussion
- Steer GAIN team activity representing the view of Bridgestone Americas while aligned with GRDC and applicable Bridgestone Corporation business objectives through activities above
- Communicate to stakeholders at predetermined intervals and follow-up to confirm quality and effectiveness of communication (Added this bullet to summarize the below)
Contribute to enterprise growth and transformational journey priorities:
- Align and steer research activities of GAIN through annual accomplishments to provide thought leadership related to Technology, Business portfolio shaping using global and external knowledge obtained, innovation through scouting / networking to ensure Boss experience and understanding is reflected.
Improve engagement and diversity of knowledge:
- Target up to twice per year information share meetings / discussion sessions with working groups to review GAIN activities through EBP and other regular strategic and planning cycles
Bachelor's Degree + 12 years relevant experience or
Master's Degree + 10 years relevant experience
Availability to travel extensively
- Strong research & analytical skills
- Able to assimilate large amounts of data, distill essential insights and generate a coherent and logical picture
- Good understanding of Bridgestone business, ability to judge impact of macro trends for Bridgestone & tire/auto related industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey complex information to Leaders and Executives
- Global cross-functional team experience
- Previous strategic consulting experience
- Ability to simultaneously focus on macro and micro implications through analysis