The Global Account General Director drives and manages the overall account strategy and direction for a large global client in the Massachusets area. You’ll serve as the single point of contact and own the business relationship (“C” suite level) and overall strategy with the client (organizational environment, including formal and informal power structures, motivations of key stakeholders and how decisions are made). You’ll provide guidance and thought leadership regarding solving problems through integrated Verizon solutions. You’ll directly deploy and manage resources to guide and execute funnel opportunities and the existing, run-rate business as well as strategic advanced solutions. You’ll operate in a matrix structure and lead a team of deal experts, professional service consultants, solutions specialists, solutions architects, and customer service consultants. Those resources could be dedicated or shared across multiple accounts.
The Executive Account Manager will use the compelling assets of Verizon to identify, build and deploy complex, integrated solutions, including:
- Hosting and distributed server environments.
- World class information assurance solutions.
- Global data and voice based WAN and LAN services.
- Wireless and mobility services.
- End-to-end communications and user experience service management.
- IP-based communications and managed services.
- Out-tasking and outsourcing.
- Professional services across all practice areas.
- Security services.
- Digital media services.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience selling to specific client.
- Global / international experience in selling solutions / services to major multinationals.
- Five or more years of experience managing people.
- Experience achieving results in a complex, internationally distributed organization.
- Willingness to travel.
- A valid driver’s license.
Even Better if You Have:
- An MBA.
- Ten or more years of experience working at all levels of a client organization, including up to the Board level.
- Experience managing a P&L.
- Proven track record of integrated solutions sales success.
- Industry-specific expertise.
- C-level executive relationship creation and development.
- People leadership capability.
- Experience operating in a matrix organization and managing a global team.
- Global solutions development and delivery experience.
- Large/very large/complete out-tasking and outsourcing deal leadership.
- Experience with transformation efforts involving significant organization and technology change.
- Organizational and process re-design and implementation.
- Consultative solutions thought leadership with Fortune 500 accounts.
- Experience with salesforce development, training, and re-engineering for solutions-based selling.
- Customer business case development experience based on TCO/ROI/ROCE techniques.
- Direct sales and consortia/partnership based commercial relationships experience.
- The ability to coordinate the activity of internal and external resources (TPV partners).
- Demonstrated industry/segment expertise and insight.