Responsible for maintaining the day-to-day transactions of fixed assets, cash management and the general ledger. Accountable for recording the purchase of newly-acquired and sales of existing fixed assets to the correct asset category in accordance with company policy. Track existing fixed assets, recording depreciation and accounting for the disposition of the assets. Performs bank statement and related account reconciliations for all GPC1 cash accounts, in USD and other foreign currencies, including account research and preparation of journal entries, as appropriate. Assists with monitoring daily cash activity, including intercompany due to /due from accounts. Records journal entries and performs variance analysis. Assist with month end close across the various areas of Transactional Accounting. Processes reports tosupport account details and assist field personnel with issues and questions. Reports to Accounting Supervisor.
- Ensures general ledger accounts are maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Records Asset additions, transfers, and reclasses into PeopleSoft (PS) Asset Management’s (AM) subsystem
- Records Disposals and related cash proceeds into the AM subsystem
- Proposes and records adjustments to the AM subsystem, as appropriate
- Reconciles fixed asset accounts daily
- Participates in monthly Asset Management and Cash Management subsystem close process
- Ensures all cash accounts are properly reconciled to the appropriate bank statements
- Monitors daily cash activity including intercompany due to/due from accounts
- Prepares journal entries to properly record or correct accounting data
- Assists HQ and subsidiaries with account analysis and research
- Generates daily and monthly reports to assist in above duties
- Prepares other management and statutory reports, as required
- Makes recommendations to resolve issues and makes corrections, as necessary
- Promotes teamwork between operational groups and departments
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years bookkeeping, cash management, fixed asset accounting or related experience
- Basic knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures as relates to general ledger accounting
- People Soft experiencepreferred
- Detail oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Proficient computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office package
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) is a service organization engaged in the distribution of automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products and electrical/electronic materials. Our products and services are offered through a network of over 2, operations, geographically located across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
With over 80 years of distribution expertise, our well-positioned, regionally located distribution centers provide us with the unique ability to adapt our product and service lines to better suit our customers’ needs. GPC’s commitment and reputation for just-in-time service position us as a critical partner in our customers’ success.
GPC began to diversify its product lines over 30 years ago into several end-markets with strong growth opportunities. Although each product is unique, we have leveraged more than 80 years of distribution know-how to manage these businesses the GPC way – continually improving operating and distribution efficiencies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.