We are a national leader in implementing straightforward approaches to development and deployment of scalable enterprise Geospatial Information Technology (GIT) solutions. Michael Baker International has differentiated itself and expanded its capabilities by using the latest technologies. For example, we use aerial (including UAV), static and mobile Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) and imaging systems that accurately determine range, elevation, and other critical mapping data along with imagery. With survey, mapping and IT professionals in our Geospatial Practice across North America, Michael Baker International provides a range of GIT services including data collection, needs analysis, digitizing/data conversion, customized mapping applications, and systems documentation, implementation, and training.
The GIT/Asset Management Department Manager will help grow the Geospatial Information Technology service line in our NJ offices and throughout our Northeast regional offices to provide expanded, high quality GIT and Asset Management services to public and private sector clients including NJDOT, NJTPA, NJ Turnpike, PANYNJ, NJ Transit, NJDEP, NYCDOT, NYSDOT, MTA, counties and municipalities. Primary focus will be on geospatial technology projects within the transportation and asset management sectors including data collection, mapping, data development, system implementation and application development. This is a highly visible position which requires strong interpersonal, communication, management, presentation and negotiation skills and problem-solving abilities. The incumbent will be responsible for guiding the direction of the department as well investments in technology and additional resources.
Feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping Michael Baker International provide innovative solutions to transportation challenges, big and small, and Making a Difference for the clients and communities we serve!
Project Delivery & Client Management
- Lead project delivery, QA/QC, and technical guidance on GIT/AM related projects through coordination with various stakeholders. This is a key part of the MBI culture in maintaining active senior level leadership in project delivery with our clients.
- Develop and maintain client relationships, generate additional opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Support strategic pursuits within the regional portfolio through stakeholder outreach, proposal development and project management execution.
- Lead the proposal, interview, fee development and negotiations for various project pursuits.
- Supervise staff in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Take an active approach with advertising openings, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Recruit and attract talent to the firm.
- Support individual career expansion through mentorship of existing staff of 20+ and with future team members.
- Lead business development for the service line (pursuits, client engagement and revenue growth).
- Oversee and manage the service line’s project portfolio, client engagement and growth strategies.
- Support other disciplines that have existing client relationships and leverage those relationships in search of GIT/AM growth opportunities.
- Monitor the service line’s project performance and financial metrics.
- Lead and grow the service line’s internal work share opportunities.
- Connect/cross market across other disciplines.
- Actively participate and serve as a leader in GIT/AM industry groups and associations (URISA and local GIS User Groups, Professional Engineering /Planning) as a committee member, workshop instructor or speaker at events.
- Leverage technical expertise to drive thought leadership by presenting at conferences, publishing research and whitepapers.
- Coordinate staff participation in key state and regional conferences.
- 15+ years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, Civil Engineering, Planning or related field.
- Ideal candidates will have extensive transportation GIT/AM experience servicing federal, state or local agencies with an emphasis on automation and software development.
- Effective communication skills, strategic thinker with initiative and leadership in the advancement of multi-disciplined services.
- Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server & Oracle.
- Experience with the full Esri software suite and products such as Roads and Highways. Open source software is a plus.
- Experience architecting and implementing systems and solutions from concept to delivery including hardware.
- Software development and GIS system automation experience. Specifically experience with .NET, JQuery, React.
- Experience with cloud-based platforms such as AWS and Azure.
- ETL process experience utilizing Python and other scripting languages.
- Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project.
- GIS Professional (GISP) and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desired. Microsoft Professional Certification is a plus.