- The GIS Wireline Section Lead has the responsibility of guiding all GIS workflows, technologies, and staff assignments with the Engineering leadership and project teams. This single point of contact will ensure national business decisions are in alignment at a market level for both Core and ODN.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Client Deliverables and Interfacing
o Reporting to national project leadership on efforts to improve automation and delivery of materials to Verizon
o Driving improvements for the client deliverables
- Technology Implementation for GIS Process Improvements
o Identifying wireline issues that can be overcome with GIS
o Feature service set up for ArcGIS/AutoCAD extension
o Identify gaps in workflows and drive solutions alongside B&V IT Team for GeoTRAK deployment and expansion
- Project Lead Direct Reports
o Meet with team weekly to review assignments to drive results and standardization
o Drive project goals, as well as coach and mentor for career development goals
- Subcontractor Relationship
o Coordinate alongside leadership for subcontractor deliverables
o Assist PM team in setting up financial terms if necessary
- Core / ODN Alignment
o Work alongside National PM, EM, CM team in order to set approach and strategy for deploying optimal data deliverables
o Identify staffing needs and work with GIS Department Manager to fill project requests
o Participate in interviews and provide interview feedback
Performs administrative, analytical, technical, and/or developmental tasks as assigned, such as:
• Serves as a technical specialist or project consultant related to field of specialization.
• Coordinates the overall effort associated with information management related portions of projects.
• Monitors progress and costs of all tasks. Prepares progress reports for PM review.
• Identifies, plans and/or implements complex data management / development tasks. • Assists with allocating available personnel resources to meet project schedules.
• Interacts with clients and project managers by attending and/or presenting at meetings.
• May be responsible for conducting performance appraisals and various administrative activities for subordinate Project Scientists.
• Assists in workload management activities and business development.
• Leads continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Acts in capacity of a “lead person”. May have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction. Directs GIS Specialists 1, 2 and 3.
Bachelors' degree in Physical, Earth, or Life Science from an accredited university; or equivalent job-related experience. Typically a minimum of 8years of experience performing related activities. Solid knowledge of GIS / information management practices as applicable. Understanding of engineering-related concepts and functions desired. UK Qualifications: Achieved industry recognised qualification or chartership.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Microsoft Office applications
• Software specific to expertise • Analytical skills • Initiative
• Attention to detail • Interpersonal skills • Mathematical skills
• Writing (creating text) • Problem solving • Ability to perform under moderate to high levels of stress • Action oriented
• Attracts top talent • Builds effective teams • Business insight
• Cultivates innovation • Customer focus • Decision quality
• Directs work
• Ensures accountability • Optimizes work processes
• Organizational savvy • Plans & aligns • Resourcefulness • Tech savvy