An GIS Technical Lead coordinates, plans, organizes, and is highly engaged in the development and implementation of GIS to meet the organization’s mapping and end-user service objectives. They provide expertise, support, assistance, and guidance to organizational staff and external contacts.
- Working closely with end users to identify GIS requirements, technical issues, and training needs
- Analyzing current business processes and recommend best-practice solutions
- Analyzing current GIS system functions, procedures, and capabilities to determine if improved methods are possible and develop and present proposals for new approaches and options to meet user needs
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving GIS application problems
- Communicating with internal and external technical resources to resolve end-user issues and providing guidance to users on methods for correcting reported problems
- Bachelor’s degree-OR 4+ years professional work experience.
- 4+ years’ experience in Voice/Data/Video networking.
- In-depth experience with the following: ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS. Portal/AGOL,ArcSDE, ArcPy, ArcObjects, Oracle, Tableau, Alteryx.
- Familiar with using software version control (SVN, Git, Mercurial, etc).
- The ability to convey GIS information to non-GIS users and provide concise and approachable answers to in-depth technical questions.
- The ability to work cooperatively with colleagues to develop project requirements, establish standard practices and analyze both spatial and non-spatial data in the context of the request.
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate in the following: GIS, Computer Science, Data Science or Information Systems.