Candidates must have an Bachelor's degree in Urban Planning, Geography, or a related field and five to fifteen years of GIS experience. Candidates must be proficient with ArcGIS suite of applications, MS office and other relational database management systems. Programming capability in Visual Basic Application and Python under ArcGIS is also required. Candidates must have excellent organization and communication skills. Typical responsibilities include:
- Assist a multi-discipline team to provide GIS support for a variety of existing and future internal and external projects
- Prepare sophisticated maps and graphics
- Perform intermediate to advanced level spatial analyses
- Create and implement standards for quality of geographic data.
- Design, develop, and implement systems and databases for storing and accessing geospatial data.
- Standardize and define metadata for geographic data, and track need for data format conversion.
- Research and test new data sources, software, and organizational tools.
- Maintain databases
- Assist with field projects as assigned
- Assist Project Managers
- Maintain excellent client relations
- Maintain a safe working environment