Tilson Technology Management is seeking a GIS Specialist with previous work experience using GIS data and tools for professional GIS applications. The ideal candidate has achieved a high level of understanding regarding data constructs and how to leverage them to achieve project goals. The GIS Specialist can be focused on either project specific duties or system development. This job will reside in our Portland, ME Headquarters.
- Create, edit and maintain GIS data in ArcDesktop, ArcGIS Enterprise, and other GIS platforms used by the company
- Create and update data schemas
- Create data exports, map products, and delivery packages
- Train and support casual GIS users with data related tasks
- Create and design data models and workflows to facilitate the goals of project-based work. This can include geoprocessing and other spatial analysis methods
- Take ownership of data for projects and initiatives including QA/QC, completeness, and integrity
- Design and implement project deliverables, including following up with feedback and revisions.
- Data Analysis, transformation, and translation tasks as required for meeting project goals
- Develop and implement QA/QC routines and methods to ensure data is complete and accurate
- Maintain GIS system integrity and facilitate user adoption of systems
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- All functions need to be performed in a timely manner yet maintain a high level of accuracy and precision
- Bachelor's degree in GIS, Geospatial Sciences or similar technical field, or some equivalent experience
- 3-7 Years of experience working with GIS as a focus
- Proven written and verbal communication and time management skills
- Results and systems oriented with demonstrated experience achieving goals
- Proven ability to achieve results.
- No required certifications
Desired but not Required:
- Proven results-based experience and/or systems support skills are a benefit.
- Detail oriented, meticulous personality, and fast learning are all desirable traits.
- A healthy sense of ownership around tasks and commitments.
- Good work ethics.
Occasional travel may be required for training and team coordination.