GIS Software Developer
Department:New HampshireLocation:Bedford, NH
START YOUR APPLICATION
GIS Software Developer
We’re humble and genuine with an environment full of people that care about the communities we live and serve in. What we do directly impacts the safety and way people live, commute and play.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, designers and technologists who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Work with the team to analyze, design, develop, deploy, and support web and mobile applications to meet business and technical requirements of the clients we serve.
- Enhance our existing development base e.g., C#, ASP.Net, .Net core, MVC, Angular JS 2, JQuery/JQueryUI, Web API, Web services, HTML5/CSS, OOD & Design Patterns, Unit Testing Frameworks, SQL Server, and Oracle.
- Experience with Esri’s GIS Software Platform.
- Knowledge of database modeling and data structure principles, techniques and best practices.
- Perform code reviews and do unit testing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple concurrent development projects.
- Working experience with Source Control Management tools such as; Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Is this you?
- At least 5 years professional level GIS experience preferably in Esri GIS technology.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, GIS, Engineering or a directly related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience developing web and/or mobile applications.
- Candidates should have very good oral and written communication skills as the position requires client contact and interaction with other VHB team members.
Cherries on top
- Good level of knowledge in one or more of the following Windows technology areas is preferred: Distributed application architecture, Microsoft PowerBI, Cognitive Services, and IoT technologies.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries and develop Stored Procedures and functions in SQL Server.
- Experience with Agile development practices and Scrum methodology.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for nearly 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.