POSITION SUMMARY: The GIS Manager is responsible for managing employees, projects, and processes for the Core Function and Desktop Audit GIS Team. With guidance from the Director, GIS, the position includes accountability for daily GIS operations, project completion, and financial goals associated with the Desktop Audit and Desktop Marketing processes.
- Directly supervises Analysts and Technicians on the Desktop Audit/Core Function team.
- Responsible for project execution and Desktop Audit results and annual goals.
- Develops and directs processes to optimize project load and maximize returns.
- Prioritizes day to day tasks and projects in accordance with Director's guidance.
- Holds regular team collaboration meetings, one-on-ones, and collaborates with other depts. to improve processes.
- Collaborates to design/implement solutions for field and core team.
- Assists with any Temp labor management at Director's request.
- Coordinates and assists with field consultations, including on-site travel if required.
- Directly assists with complex projects and work overload as required.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- BA/BS in Geography/Geographic Information Systems, Computer Science, MIS, Planning or closely related field.
- 10+ years' experience performing geographic analysis.
- 2 years' experience in a geospatial intelligence leadership role.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Solid relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel as demonstrated by the ability to write advanced formulas, macros and manipulate data for analysis and reporting purposes.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Ability to perform spatial analysis through advanced SQL and spatial queries;
- Ability to perform quality control checks of non-standard GIS data
- The ability to write visual basic scripts, complex formulas, mastery of pivot tables and build macros is preferred.
- High level of integrity and ethics.
- Ability to conduct business with little direction and work independently.
- Proven skills as a self-starter and ability to utilize a proactive approach to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to lead and work effectively with a broad cross-function of employees, external customers and vendors in driving organization change.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with geographic information systems and database management, geospatial analysis or related experience or equivalent work experience.
- Previous supervisory or leadership experience.