The Associate Director of Financial & Accounting Systems is a key position that will lead a team responsible for developing, implementing, and supporting Illumina’s Financial, Accounting and Legal systems, including working with the Finance and Accounting organizations to create and manage the Finance IT budget and Financial/Legal System Project Roadmap. The position will also be responsible for the Financial and Legal Systems Architecture and work closely with other applications teams to help make key architectural and software development decisions to ensure strong and efficient financial processes throughout Illumina systems. The position will also help develop and support the Finance and Accounting reporting & Analytics platform.
This role requires a solid understanding and experience with modern Financial and Accounting systems, a proven track record of project delivery, creation of high performance teams, and the ability to work in a matrixed environment.
- Service Operations – manage the incident/problem/request processes for Finance, General & Accounting and Legal business functions. Maintain SLA’s for system and application performance and service operations. Work with outside vendor and AMS service providers
- Service Strategy - Working with Finance/Accounting/Legal leadership, develop & execute the Finance/Legal IT budget & project roadmap
- Evaluate and propose a 5-year Financial Systems strategy to support Illumina’s growth
- Grow & mentor the Finance IT team to support the Finance Project Roadmap and Systems Strategy
- Work with the different GIS teams to help optimize Financial Processes across all Illumina systems
- Working with Enterprise Architecture, create and deploy the Finance Reporting Analytics Platform
- Service Transition – responsible and accountable for the successful execution of projects within the portfolio
- 10+ years Financial & Accounting Systems project & support experience in a large scale, high volume environment
- 8+ years of experience as an IT leader, with demonstrated thought leadership and influence across an organization
- Proven track record of successful software projects in a large-scale, high growth environment
- Healthcare/life-sciences domain knowledge is a plus
- Expertise in SAP Financials (ECC), Vertex, VIM
- Experience in S/4 Central Finance and upgrades to S/4 HANA is a plus
Required B.S. in either Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, or related fields. Higher level degrees and certifications a plus.