Industry: Information Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 300 days ago
Description GIS DEVELOPER II (CESAM-18-0040-F):
Bowhead seeks a GIS Developer II to join our GIS Developer team in Mobile, AL. The GIS Developer II will assist in the planning, designing and developing of documents as well as assist in analyzing basic spatial and relational databases. The Developer II will apply basic software to manage spatial and related tabular data; producing computer map products depicting contents of databases and may assist in writing basic software routines to facilitate analysis. The team of Developers will build routine and complex databases by capturing map information with a coordinate digitizer. The Developer will locate sources of GIS data from government, state agencies and private companies and will assist in analyzing image data using basic processing software. The Developer II will assist in preparing technical research and must have the ability to create basic user applications and interfaces using various programming languages. The Developer team operates computer workstations, digitizers, printers, and plotters on a daily basis.
Essential job functions include the use of ESRI ARCGIS and custom 3D software for geographic analysis and qualified candidates must have React coding experience to develop new versions of the browser independent web-based viewer and must have Oracle database knowledge.
Qualified candidates must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance for this position but qualified candidates that currently do not hold a clearance will be considered for this position.
• Bachelor’s Degree in GIS or a related field plus two to three (2-3) years of relevant GIS developing experience is required. Additional work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education for a highly qualified candidate.
• Experience with GIS, Oracle databases and data analysis, programming and developing experience is required. Working knowledge of Unix, Linux, Windows and other operating systems is highly sought.
• Experience with ArcGIS and ArcGIS Server is required. Knowledge of C#, Perl, Python, Unix Shell and SQL is helpful.
• Must possess a Valid Driver’s License.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.