GIS Developer / Analyst
GIS Developer/Analyst Needed.
The GIS Analyst/Developer
JOB PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The GIS Analyst/Developerunder the direction of the GIS Program Manager is responsible for performing the assigned technical tasks in supporting the project initiative for developing a work order/asset management solution that leverages the capabilities of ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Online suite of tools.
Provide the GIS services via Desktop ESRI ArcGIS software to support the web-based GIS applications’ base maps and geoprocessing services
Provide service for GIS geodatabaseediting, data creation and maintenance for applications and as needed.
Be able to work with various divisions in ascertaining work flows, business requirements and training personnel in the use of GIS technology solutions.
Data capturing and conversion of GIS data for all GIS activities
Perform complex GIS analyses with a variety of data formats, Shape Files, Personal Geodatabases, Third Party data sources (Oracle, SQL Server, Excel, Access, etc.), images
Work as part of the GIS team to develop distributed products via web-based technology and desktop software
Expert utilization of the entire suite of ESRI GIS software including extensions (Network Analyst, Spatial Analyst, etc.) to perform high-level analysis to support various mapping projects and web-based applications
Expert in performing Python Scripting and Model Builder services needed for support of the web-based applications
Expert utilization of ArcGIS Server management tools to deploy and manage map and web services
Provide expert utilization of ArcGIS Online technologies to develop applications
Provide some application development utilizing various programming languages
Provide development of SOAP & REST web services
• Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, Geography, Engineering, Computer Science, Planning or other related field.
• 3 -4years’ professional working experience in GIS techniques and methodologies
• Expertise in ESRI software including ArcGIS/ArcInfo.
• Experience with ArcGIS Server management tools
• Working Experience with ArcGIS Online suite of tools
• Working Experience in writing and utilizing Python Scriptinglanguage and Model Builder
• Windows Operating Systems environment experience