Join us as we Rise to the Challenge
At KCI, we’re building an enduring company that provides unparalleled value to our employee-owners. We make our mark designing and delivering our world-class solutions, so we invest deeply in developing our team. We reward integrity and commitment, and when we do well, you do well. Our people have freedom to innovate, unlimited growth, a voice that matters, a lifestyle that works, and skin in the game. Because life’s more fun when you own it.
KCI Technologies, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned engineering, consulting and construction firm serving clients throughout the United States. KCI is recognized as an industry leader, employing cutting-edge technologies, management practices and strategic growth initiatives. Employee ownership fosters an entrepreneurial spirit, encourages technical expertise, and shapes strategic planning.
KCI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
KCI Benefits Guide 2021
Duties, Responsibilities & Other
KCI’s Asset Management Practice is seeking a Business Analyst that will facilitate the design and implementation of software solutions to support client asset management needs. Typical clients are public-sector water, transportation, electric, and gas organizations. The candidate will be expected to work on multiple projects simultaneously and should possess a diverse skillset that includes both communication and technological skills.
- Skill in conducting and facilitating workshops and documenting the outcomes as well as projected direction. Knowledge of principles, practices and tools including: Strategic planning, needs analysis, business process analysis, business process re-engineering, visioning and work session facilitation.
- Develop and utilize domain knowledge in utilities (water, gas, electricity), transportation, and/or facilities to understand clients’ challenges.
- Thorough knowledge of processes, methods and techniques utilized to analyze and evaluate business operations.
- Determine the appropriate data and/or technology solution(s) based on the specific needs of each client/business case.
- Author a wide range of well-written and visually pleasing documentation including requirement specifications, database designs, gap analyses, standard operating procedures, implementation plans, business process workflow diagrams, and system user guides.
- Design system configurations and supporting workflows/business processes that optimize usability while meeting client requirements.
- Perform configurations of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions (Cityworks, Maximo, VUEWorks, ArcGIS Apps, etc.).
- Deliver hands-on system training to end-users.
- Produce reports utilizing data from various systems/storage locations. This includes Crystal Reports, SSRS, Microsoft Power BI, and other business intelligence software.
- Desired Experience/Skills:
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Team player with demonstrated experience working constructively on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work independently and produce high-quality deliverables without excessive oversight and instruction.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Background in working with local governments, particularly in water, transportation, energy, or public works sectors.
- Knowledge of Esri’s ArcGIS Platform.
- Basic cloud (Azure or AWS) and server (Windows) administration.
- Knowledge of infrastructure Asset Management principles (ISO 55000).
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management systems (e.g. Cityworks, Maximo, VUEWorks, etc.).
- Data extraction and reporting including knowledge of SQL, Python, or other query languages.
- Bachelors Degree or Graduate Degree in Environmental Science, Geography, GIS, Computer Science, Information Technology or closely related field.
- Minimum of 5 - 9 years of experience.
- Pre-employment drug screening is a condition of employment. Background and motor vehicle checks may be required based upon position.
- Submit for approval and deliver timely annual Employee Performance Appraisals for assigned staff
- Train adequate backup personnel to support your role in your absence
- Comply with all KCI policies and procedures
- Complete other duties as required/assigned
- Provide timely feedback to senior program manager/program manager
- Report technical issues in a timely manner to the senior program manager/program manager, solution architect and application developers
- Work with project team to successfully deploy applications
- Achieve or exceed budgeted individual utilization target
- Attend bi-weekly(or more frequently as necessary) meetings with project team on all projects/tasks
- Chart and provide project performance results
- Complete all tasks on time and within budget while fully meeting the scope
- Meet monthly(or more frequently as necessary) with senior program manager/program manager to review project performance
- Meet weekly(or more frequently as necessary) with senior program manager/program manager to review project budget status
- Prepare and submit monthly project completion report
- Report task completion status to senior program manager/program manager
- Conduct user acceptance testing
- Design new product documentation
- Design work sessions
- Develop new product wireframes
- Discuss technical aspects of projects with Senior Program Manager/Program Manager and Developers
- Gather and document project requirements
- Provide application training to support successful adoption and implementation
- Provide technical feedback to Senior Program Manager/Program Manager, Solution Architect and Application Developers