The HANA Solution Architect is a highly visibile, high impact role that will be responsible for delivering sustainable analytics solutions in a faced paced, growing business environment. This role will have the opportunity to work with very diverse sets of data, business processes to solve complex business problems with analytic solutions. The right candidate is a self-starter who enjoys working in a results driven team environment faced with new and exciting opportunities on a daily basis.This is a key role in the IT Analytics Center of Excellence that will work closely with Business Leaders, IT Leaders, and users to define and implement solutions. The candidate will be knowledgable and curious of emerging trends in technology, drives for scalable and sustainable solution design. To succeed in this role, the candidate will have a high degree of expertise and experience in leveraging BW HANA, native HANA to design, develop and deploy efficient, flexible, and scalable solutions.
Reports to GIS Analytics COE – Team Leader
- Leads and guides functional & technical teams in solution design, development and testing methods to maintain highest standards of quality, reliability, flexibility and scalability of analytic solutions.
- Provide technical architecture design, consulting and implementation leadership for Business intelligence projects.
- Drive design decisions to best leverage the platform and tools
- Establish and enforce th highest technical standards for all development teams to adhere to
- Owns the development and ongoing sustainment of the 1-3 year IT Roadmap for the HANA platform
- Ensure the technology that is being delivered is contemporary and aligned with the 1-3 year IT Roadmap.
- Collaborate with Lead BI architect as well as other IS leaders in the development and ongoing sustainment of the 1-3 year IT Roadmap for the Owens Corning technology environment.
- Innovate, prove out and recommend integration of new technologies that further builds analytic capabilities to meet business needs and overall Owens Corning business strategy
- Design and drive the implementation of seamless and efficient analytics solutions with the right technology at the right time and at the right cost.
- Ensure the support and sustainability of all technology solutions is engineered in the design stage.
- Work with businesses leaders, process leaders, and project teams to identify and define integration opportunities for the appropriate technologies.
- Leads architecture, planning and execution of technical solution development
- Consults with project planners to develop statements of work for proposed solutions including estimates that address assumptions, resources, integration points and risks for the customer and sales enterprise areas
- Take a leadership role in applying the appropriate technology to the opportunity
- Manage external providers of development capacity when technical architecture is in scope.
- Bachelors Degree required, post-graduate degree or equivalent experiencepreferred in Computer Science, Information SystemsSupply Chain, or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience within Information Technology industry
- 5+ years of experience in development, architecture and solutions delivery in the HANA domain.
- Experience must include performing architecture and design of various SAP BI applications in the areas of SD, MM, FI, PM, COPA and leading applications development and reporting;
- Implementing HANA solutions on a global scale and sustaining, improving and growing their use;
- Strong hands on experience in SAP BW HANA Development (2+ years excluding supportexperience.)
- Expert in all aspect of SAP BW development
- Hands on experience on HANA BW objects like ADSO, Composite provider, open ODS view etc…
- Experience in creating HANA calculation views on top of BW generated views
- Experience in replicating complicated B-ex scenarios in HANA views like currency/unit translation, exception aggregation, calculated/restricted key figures, customer exist codes etc.
- Should have very good experience in native HANA development activities like writing Stored Procedures, functions, SQL Queries etc…
- Reporting skills using tools like SAP Business objects WEBI, Analysis, Lumira & Microsoft Power BI is a plus
- Behavioral competency areasrequiredfor success
- Change Agent
- External Perspective