The candidate will be supporting The Ohio Department of Transportation* s Technical Services Department Roadway Information Management System (RIMS) project.
This position will function as a highly skilled CGA with specific responsibilities that include:
* Primarily assists with data creation, editing and maintenance using ESRI tools (ArcMap, ESRI Roads & Highways Extension, Data Reviewer, Workflow Manager)
* Assists with performing data validation and quality control
* Helps develop new data validation processes
* Provide direct support of various CADD/GIS software and hardware systems.
* Perform software testing and routine maintenance.
* Assist in troubleshooting CADD/GIS system hardware problems and work with the appropriate service and warranty vendors to make the necessary repairs and fixes.
* Assist in developing standards and direction for systems.
* Assist with phone and online problem reporting and maintaining problem report records.
* Maintain configuration charts of current processes/workflows
* Maintain data backups and data archives and provide data retrieval from backup.
* Monitor system status and data integrity.
* Provides support for various python script
* Provides support for Data Modeler / Data Reviewer
* Communicate status to managers and project sponsors.
* Strong communication skills.
* Ability to collaborate with supporting resources across business and/or functional lines.
* Have excellent oral and written skills/possess strong meeting and work session skills.
* Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, the ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines.
* Have excellent organizational skills, proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
* Demonstrate proven experience in troubleshooting with little supervision.
* Must be knowledgeable in the English language/speak clearly and understandably use the English language.
* 4-year college degree or equivalent technical study.
* 5 years of ArcGIS for Desktop experience
* 3 years editing and maintaining data in a GIS environment
* Linear Referencing Systems knowledge
* Safe Software (FME)
* Microsoft SQL
* ESRI Roads & Highways
* Knowledge of ESRI Data Reviewer / Workflow Manager