Summary of Major Responsibilities
The GI Specialist is responsible for the effective promotion of Exact Sciences' products in an assigned territory. The GI Specialist is to establish and continuously develop the relationship with gastroenterology physicians and their practices, integrated delivery networks (IDNs), Multi-Specialty clinics and other health care providers within the designated territory and where applicable, work in conjunction with Sales and Market Access and Reimbursement colleagues to gain access to executive-level and clinical decision makers. This position reports to the Senior Area Manager – GI Specialty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve sales volume throughout assigned geography and customer contact targets in assigned territory, driven from both targeted and new customer leads.
- Proactively identify and build strong relationships and advocacy with key gastroenterology thought leaders and decision makers in assigned area.
- Create business plans for territory/assigned customer targets including, but not limited to opportunity development, competitive strategies and targets.
- Continuously develop and manage a network of key opinion leaders within the assigned territory.
- Develop & maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through consistent, quality interactions with customers.
- Provide ongoing customer insights, market trends & competitive data to sales, marketing and other internal teams.
- Leverage up-to-date product and technical expertise to effectively present and discuss the technology and clinical benefits in terms which are relevant to customers.
- Continuously update and validate understanding of customers' changing clinical and/or operational issues and challenges.
- Effectively use sales process and leverage Company resources and approved product marketing and product promotion material to actively support the customer through their decision making process towards a successful outcome for Exact Sciences.
- Engage in strategic opportunity management: Represent the company at relevant medical conferences and technical exhibitions to promote Exact Sciences product & brand.
- Leverage other Company resources as necessary (Strategic Account Managers, National Account Managers, Area Managers, Medical Science Liaisons, etc.) to provide the necessary technical, clinical and business content to create a competitive differentiation and deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Engaged in area/regional projects.
- Model and share best practices regionally.
- Ensure knowledge of and compliance with all Quality, Regulatory and integrity policies and guidelines.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 50% of a typical working day. Ability to work standing and or walking for approximately 50% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 20% of a typical working day.
- Ability to travel approximately 60% of working time within assigned area and some travel outside of assigned area for regional or national meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 4+ years of experience in a customer-facing sales role in a medical, healthcare or technical field.
- Demonstrated skillset in effective sales process and deal closure.
- Ability to learn/maintain in depth product knowledge and understanding.
- Proven, effective time management, expense reporting, and prioritization skills.
- Effective English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding influencing, interpersonal and networking skills to drive successful relationship building.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with demonstrated experience reporting and tracking sales force metrics.
- Effective presentation skills; able to present ideas to customers in a way that produces understanding and impact.
- This is a field based role. Must be willing to travel at least 75% within designated territory and occasionally outside of territory.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Possession of a valid driver's license, no more than two moving violations in the past 36 months, and no unresolved license revocation or suspension issues.
- Maintenance of sufficient driver's insurance to satisfy any applicable state or local requirements and at least $250,000 per person and $500,000 per accident in coverage.
- 1+ years of customer-facing sales experience in medical, healthcare sales directly to gastroenterologists or specialty practices.
- Experience with a healthcare sales product launch.
- Experience using Challenger Sales Model.
- Advanced degree.