Nestlé Health Science (NHSc) is a company on a mission and on the move, motivated by the opportunity to forge a major therapeutic role for nutrition in the management of health and establish a new industry between food and pharmaceuticals. The two elements of the equation are simple; societies are ageing and age and lifestyle related diseases are spiraling. Needs are growing for safe, effective and cost-effective solutions. At the same time, scientific understanding of health, disease and the potential of nutrition – as an integral part of managing health and disease – is growing.
Nestlé Health Science, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Nestlé Group, was created in 2011 to be a leader in these developments and make things happen. We have over 3,000 employees around the world with a wide mix of capabilities – from bio-medical engineers to regulatory specialists, medical delegates (sales force) and health economic experts that reflect our dynamism and intent to create.
This position will have full responsibility and complete ownership for driving sales of the full portfolio within assigned accounts (hospitals, teaching facilities, key homecare) with primary focus on selling GI/Critical Care products in accordance with the US GI/Critical Care Strategy and annual GI/Critical Care Sales Plan. The role is responsible for growing business relationships with key decision makers and influencers. Responsible for focused detailing to specific targets with a carefully defined messaging strategy and call sequence, leveraging business and value solutions based on evidence, and outcome data, supporting the GI and critical care platform.
• Focus on driving growth among GI/Critical Care target specialists and new accounts. Meets/exceeds sales and profit objectives in assigned accounts. Set specific growth plans within assigned accounts utilizing WAS, territory, and routing plans. Create access points for product availability early in the selling cycle.
• Deliver financial benefits based on the evidence of research that translates to tangible cost saving for targeted accounts.
• Meets/exceeds required in-patient GI/Critical Care prescriber call activity within accounts, as well as out-patient GI/Critical Care prescriber call activity within the community of the assigned geography, effectively driving GI/Critical Care platform sales.
• Contribute to meeting/exceeding national GI/Critical Care sales and profit objectives for all channels.
• Create and drive relationships within targeted accounts including higher level stakeholders in order to gain buy-in for GI and Critical Care products within targeted accounts. Demonstrate an increased focus on the Hospitalists, Transition of Care departments, and Discharge Planners in specialty area.
• Implement Protocols and Pathways for Nutrition for the GI/Critical Care specialty area.
• Is considered a leader amongst the sales organization in GI/Critical Care clinical knowledge as it pertains to Nestlé products, competitive products, the GI/Critical Care market, and latest in GI/Critical Care nutrition research.
• Regularly shares GI/Critical Care sales best practices with the broader sales organization.
• Cultivates and leverages long term customer relationships including senior level relationships. Builds network of key advocates within assigned accounts, including committee personnel and system advocates for Nestle. Attends key events which local GI/Critical Care nutrition leaders also attend.
• Understand the GI/Critical Care healthcare environment and appropriately execute the selling process in a manner that is concise, compliant, professional and persuasive; and which addresses a need and leads the customer to action.
• Demonstrate the ability to handle customer product questions and objections in a way that is consistent with sales training methodology.
• Assist in planning and execution of GI/Critical Care Strategy & Action Plans developed by the Assoc. Director, Specialty Area Sales.
• Utilize the sales reporting systems on a regular basis for call preparation, to record and track sales activity and to gather market intelligence data.
• Organize meetings and deliver content to health care professionals on the topic of GI and CC nutrition aligned with tangible account objects and metrics as defined by the customer.
• Participate in NHSc offered training and in strategic medical conventions and exhibits as needed to expand product, market and science knowledge particularly in GI/CC Nutrition Therapy.
• Up to 25% travel required
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's degree
• 5+ years medical/clinical selling experience in a hospital setting with demonstrated success in specialty medical products OR 5+ years combined experience in sales with demonstrated success and clinical experience
• Consistently meets and exceeds sales targets
• Experience developing and implementing protocols or clinical pathways that have successfully been adopted by customers
• Strong business/financial acumen and negotiation skills
• Ability to demonstrate strategic planning skills as it relates to identification and management of opportunities
• Ability to develop solid and long-standing business relationships with strategic/targeted customers
• Ability to adapt well within rapidly changing work and industry environments.
• Degree in Business, Marketing or a Medical Science. MBA preferred
• Medical/clinical selling experience in a hospital setting with demonstrated success selling to key decision makers including Hospitalists, Transition of Care departments and Discharge Planners
• 2+ years proven sales success with GI/CC platform highly desired
• Demonstrated success launching and re-launching GI/CC or specialty medical products
• Self-starters with strong time management and planning skills
• Must be highly motivated, articulate, self-directed, and demonstrate excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills
• Must be able to work well within a fast-paced environment and have a proven ability to manage sales responsibilities
• Computer literacy with advanced skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Experience with CRM software