Develop, coordinate and evaluate activities within assigned sales territory to ensure continued sales growth for UNFI and its customers. Make a significant contribution to the sales and profits of the Region and the Company. Oversee and coordinate all Grocery, Frozen & Dairy (GFD) Direct Sales and support activities also known as Direct Sales Warehouse Item or DSWI.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Supports the efforts of the Region Merchandising Director and Sales Directors regarding department DSWI Sales and support activities. Drives key DSWI Sales initiatives across the region on behalf of the Region Merchandising Department.
- Ensure accurate processing of customer POs and invoice billing activities. Works with Account Receivables to resolve customer billing disputes. Works with Category Managers and Supplier partners to ensure customer deal allowances are reflected accurately on invoice and any missed billings are charged to the supplier accordingly.
- Monitors progress and ensure product, program and other expected outcomes are achieved. Work closely with other Region staff to accomplish account objectives and initiatives. Provide communication, training and operational support to ensure successful implementation of DSWI Sales program.
- Understand the role of DSWI business in our Brands + portfolio and work with internal staff to plan and grow Brands + business.
- Works with Region Merchandising staff to understand DSWI profitability and manage promotional strategies accordingly. Develops department specific plans and focuses efforts in supporting assigned accounts/territory at the direction of the Region Merchandising Lead. Assists sales leadership with assigned accounts, establish department-specific sales plans for assigned accounts.
- Owns direct responsibility and accountability for GFD DSWI sales and profit results within their assigned territory. Owns strategic accounts and/or Core UNFI customers. Creates and sustains profitable wholesale and retail DSWI sales in assigned accounts.
- Identifies customer needs and opportunities to preserve existing business and develop new business in accounts. Communicates retailer needs to regional merchandising or sales department to create new or enhance existing programs.
- Develops and sustains strong working relationships and a presence as a valued consultant with assigned retail owners and department managers. Consults with customers and provide department-specific operational expertise where needed. Address customer issues regarding DSWIs with proper urgency to the satisfaction of both parties.
- Works collaboratively with the Merchandising leadership to ensure department specific product and program offerings are in place to support assigned customers.
- Coordinates and implements approved changes in policies and procedures affecting unit.
- Provides advice and assistance to other employees in unit and acts as liaison to other units. Monitors daily work of a group of lower level specialist and makes adjustments in division of work to ensure timely and accurate completion of work. Trains new employees on job tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Grocery, Frozen, Dairy, General Merchandise, Bakery / Deli, Private Brands, Center Store, Natural / Specialty, Multi-Cultural or Store Supplies.
- Retail/Wholesale experience preferred. Experience working with array of product groups.
- Selling experience and the ability to understand how to fulfill the customer’s needs and communicate on opportunities.
- Strong relationship building and customer service skills.
- Familiar with merchandising, procurement, logistics and accounting practices.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, experience in taking initiative and making appropriate decisions.
- Planning and organizing skills. Process improvement skills with the ability to streamline current processes and make overall process accurate and more efficient.
- Strong detail orientation and communication skills.
- Proficiency with computer systems and applications (especially Word and Excel).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.