This position manages staff, budgets, and activities in one of several Resource-related areas, including but not limited to Operations, International Exploration, USA Exploration, and Indonesia Exploration. Each position is responsible for coordination of resources with other Geothermal Resource Managers and reports to the Vice President, Geothermal Resource.
- Oversees Resource team including geologists, engineers, and support staff. This includes professional development, reviews, travel, etc.
- Manages Exploration, Development, and/or Operations projects, ensuring that they achieve schedule and budget goals.
- Coordinates projects and resources with other Geothermal Resource Managers as well as Technical Advisors (e.g. Chief Geologist, Chief Reservoir Engineer).
- Oversees Resource-related plans and activities, including data collection, surveys, analysis and documentation.
- Develops and tracks metrics for evaluating and reporting progress, demonstrating goal achievements and success rates.
- Reviews and recommends activities to analyze reservoir properties, performance, and projections.
- Develops and manages annual budget, reporting progress monthly to the Vice President, Geothermal Resource.
- Ensures deliverables are reviewed and provided to management in a timely manner.
- Acts as liaison between Resource and intra-company partners such as Business Development, Operations, and Finance.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays (or one or the other) when necessary.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
Education, Experience, and Skills required
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in Project Management and budgeting.
- Previous experience managing a team preferable.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English at a level which will permit the employee to accurately understand and communicate information to safely and efficiently perform the job duties.
- Must be able to present project goals, progress, and budget concisely to management.
- Proficiency or ability to quickly acquire knowledge of a variety of software applications for word process, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including MS Project, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to navigate and work in remote field locations and work outdoors in difficult weather conditions.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time, including remote international locations.