Stantec is seeking a highly qualified applicant to help manage and deliver projects in our successful Geotechnical Engineering practice in the US South Region. As a Geotechnical Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to work on geotechnical engineering projects in a multi-disciplinary project team environment for dams, levees, and other water infrastructure in our water resources sector.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Geotechnical Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing and delivering successful geotechnical projects and developing cost effective, practical geotechnical engineering designs and construction solutions for our clients. You will interact internally throughout the organization with staff at all levels as well as clients, members of professional organizations, subcontractors, and other firms. Specific responsibilities of a Project Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working in a manner to protect the health and safety of Stantec employees, clients and the public by following company health, safety and security guidelines and policies.
- Maintaining and enhancing our reputation with clients, approval agencies and industry professionals as an outstanding service provider.
- Managing multiple project simultaneously.
- Establishing project objectives, procedures and performance standards and leading multi-disciplinary teams on proposals, planning studies, feasibility through final designs, and construction services for geotechnical engineering projects.
- Identifying appropriate resources and skill sets to achieve project objectives as well as managing contract terms, tracking and managing costs and schedule, and implementing measures necessary to stay on schedule and within budget.
- Leading by example with active support of internal policies and practices, including risk management, project management, and quality management.
- Growing internal and external networks to enhance Stantec's reputation and identifying additional talent to join our team.
- Providing mentoring and training for future leaders, including development of succession plans for key positions.
- Developing client relationships to facilitate project activities.
- Promoting collaboration and teamwork across business lines and geographies.
- Serving as Engineer-of-Record on projects.
- Supervising the work of other engineers, including setting the priorities for their scope of work, their budgets and their schedules for completing the work.
- Leading project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Remaining current on regulatory policy and rule changes and may establish working relationships with regulatory officials.
- Engaging in leadership in Professional organizations that align with expertise; writing technical papers and delivering technical presentations for conference and symposia events.
- Developing project scope, budgets, and design approach for all size projects, and supporting marketing and business development professionals in positioning for potential projects, writing technical portions of proposals, participating in client interviews and supporting negotiations for project contracts.
- Maintain consistently high standards of delivery, quality, flexibility, and innovation.
- Enhance the reputation of Stantec through preparation and presentation of papers at professional society conferences and seminars.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects from pursuit through closeout, involving internal personnel, subconsultants, contractors, and vendors.
- Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated successful experience in client service management.
- Demonstrated successful experience in leadership, including defining and setting the direction for a team, project, and office; strategy development; change management; and corporate stewardship.
- Demonstrated successful experience in decision making, including making sound defensible business decisions; and identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving complex problems.
- Strong understanding of geotechnical practices including exploration, analysis, and design and an understanding of all phases of project document production
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.Travel to other offices as well as to project sites will be required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in civil, geotechnical, or geological engineering, Master's Degree preferred.
Licensed PE with the ability to obtain reciprocity in multiple states.
Minimum 10 years relevant experience in project management, preferably for geotechnical projects related to dams, levees, and other water infrastructure.