As a Geotechnical Department Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the Geotechnical Department, including, but not limited to: technicians, field work, and laboratory services. You will be responsible for business and client development, in order to grow the company’s market share and meet financial goals.
Your day as a Geotechnical Department Manager at UES will be both challenging and rewarding. During which, you have the opportunity to create lasting relationships with your team members. On a typical day, you can be expected to:
- Maximize long and short term profits
- Meet with various clients and solicit business locally, and coordinates with other UES to expand business opportunities regionally and nationally:
- Participate with business development and marketing efforts alongside UES’s PMs, executives and client development professionals. You should anticipate active engagement in at least 3 professional organizations.
- Provide client management (including tasks related to financial management such as AR, AP, etc) for clients that are assigned to you.
- Participate in project pursuits, including Design- Build efforts that may lead to future work.
- Quotes costs and fees to clients
- Supervise direct reports, perform employee evaluations, mentor and participate in the hiring process.
- Prepare proposals and reports, including:
- As a Project Engineer, you may have Project Managers and Project Coordinators reporting directly to you. If so, you shall task them to support your efforts in a diligent and responsible manner.
- Conduct geotechnical investigations and prepare Geotechnical Evaluation Reports as needed for various assigned projects.
- Lead and review geophysical investigations to obtain additional site information to supplement traditional geotechnical investigation methods.
- Prepare, review and approve Pavement Quality Reports, Selected Backfill Reports, Trench Backfill Reports and other public entity certification reports, for private and public developments.
- Prepare Partial and Final Grading Reports, pad certifications and pad recertification’s as needed for various assigned projects.
- Perform computer technical support and analysis with programs such as GIS, GINT, Geosystems, AutoCad, Lpile and StablePro as needed for various assigned projects.
- Provide field inspection support and active field training for new and growing special inspectors and materials testing technicians.
- Continue to gain experience, knowledge and certifications in areas of interest such as ACI, ICC, NAQTC, NICET, etc
- Coordinates personnel and equipment within the department
- Coordinates with other UES divisions within the office
- Other responsibilities may be assigned
- BS in Civil Engineering from 4-year college or university
- P.E. License in Nevada, or ability to obtain reciprocity within 6 months
- 5+ years of relevant experience