Are you looking for interesting and meaningful work, a fun and flexible atmosphere, and opportunities to learn, grow, and excel? If so, then welcome to Schnabel! We approach problems with creativity and innovation. The Chadds Ford, PA office of Schnabel Engineering is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join our growing practice. We are looking for a motivated candidate with attention to detail, a passion to continue to develop as a professional, and a desire to be part of a strong team.
- Provide engineering support on geotechnical projects during the design and construction phases of projects
- Planning and performing subsurface investigation and testing programs
- Project and task management
- Proposal development
- Scheduling, coordination, and oversight of junior staff during subsurface investigations and deliverable development
- Performing geological and geotechnical engineering analysis
- Preparing field test logs and geological/engineering reports
- Perform and oversee construction observation of specialty geotechnical works and foundation construction
- Development and production of plans, profiles, and cross-sections utilizing Microstation or AutoCAD software
- Survey interpretation, calculation of quantities, and creation of various other supportive drawings and graphics
- Development of geotechnical drawings and specifications
- Must be willing to travel; some overnight travel should be expected
- 8+ years of relevant geotechnical engineering experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Geological Engineering
- Master’s Degree in Geology, Geological Engineering or Civil Engineering is preferred
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Previous rock slope evaluation, remediation design, and construction experience is a plus
- Prior experience with Transportation, Power/Energy, Water/Wastewater foundation/geotechnical designs, subsurface investigations and geotechnical recommendation reports is preferred.
- Knowledge of design codes including IBC and AASHTO
- Experience with ASD and LRFD design methodology
- Ability to navigate investigation and construction sites, enter trenches, climb ladders and work outside
- Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets, gINT, AutoCAD, MicroStation, and data management computer programs
- Experience with geotechnical analysis and design software such as: LPile, Group, Slope/W, Slide, Dips, RocFall, RocPlane, Settle3D
- Very good oral and written communications skills
- Strong professional work ethic and desire to perform at a high level
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Attention to detail and well-organized
- Ability to pass a pre-employment screening.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status is required. No visa sponsorship will be provided.