Holdrege & Kull, an NV5 Company, is looking for experienced geotechnical engineers to join our expanding Chico, CA location. We are looking for someone who enjoys the varied challenges of working in a growing small office, in a vibrant and engaged community that is positioned for significant growth over the next two decades.
Candidates should have experience with geotechnical investigations for a wide variety of projects including residential, schools, hospital, municipal projects and solid waste infrastructure improvements. The most qualified Team Member will have a strong technical background with extensive experience in project management, geotechnical engineering, environmental engineering, and materials testing and special inspection services. Team Members will be self-starters responsible for development of proposals and technical reports, client communications, and billing. The Team Member will work with and lead staff professional and engineeringtechnician personnel. H&K, an NV5 Company, encourages each Team Member to be an active participant in professional and technical organizations through attending lunch and dinner meetings, and attending and presenting at professional meetings and workshops.
- Licensure as Professional Engineer, California. Possess or soon qualified to obtain Geotechnical Engineer license in California.
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering.
- Minimum 8 years of civil or geotechnical engineering. Or extensive experience in geotechnical engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge of geotechnical engineering software and AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in project management with proven ability to meet business goals.
- Experience in geophysics such as ReMi, refraction, resistivity, and CSL.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and decision making skills, and the ability to work independently.