Large Engineering firm located in NYC needs:
- 3-6 years of experience
- a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (a Master’s Degree with a concentration in Geotechnical Engineering is a plus)
- EIT certificate
- preferably located in New York metropolitan area.
- providing geotechnical oversight and logging of geotechnical explorations (borings, test pits, CPTs);
- developing laboratory and field testing programs;
- preparing engineering analyses for slope stability, settlement and consolidation estimates, deep foundation design (compressive, uplift, and lateral capacities), mat foundation design, ground surcharging, and ground improvement techniques (soil grouting, ground freezing, etc.), and soil liquefaction;
- preparing engineeringreports, including the evaluation of collected field and laboratory results, preparation of figures and drawings;
- providing field oversight for Special Inspection during construction for subgrade inspection, controlled filling and in-place density testing, deep foundation installation (driven/drilled piles). Underpinning and Support of Excavation (SOE) experience a plus.
- good writing and analytical skill, and be able to work in a collaborative and dynamic team environment.
- some field work is required; applicants may be requiredtravel to work sites in New York City, Long Island, the Hudson Valley, Connecticut and New Jersey, with work being performed Monday through Friday and the possibility of occasional overtime, evening, and weekend work.
- Applicants should be familiar with the following computer software: AutoCAD, gINT, APile, LPile, All Pile, GRL WEAP, Slide, and Shoring Suite.
- Knowledge of PLAXIS, Shake 2000, and other advanced modelling programs a plus.
- Applicants with OSHA 10-hr or 40-hour HAZWOPER training a plus.
Please email your resume in WORD format and current base salary requirements ASAP!