11 - 15 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has a unique opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer with 12+ years of experience to manage a regional geotechnical service group out of our Canonsburg, PA office. As the successful candidate, you will manage the firm’s oil and gas geotechnical operations within the Marcellus and Utica Shale region, and our traditional land development work practice area within western Pennsylvania, eastern Ohio and northern West Virginia. Your responsibilities will include coordinating business development and staffing within the region, as well as staff mentoring and performance management. You would report directly to an owner of the firm, with whom you would create and implement business development strategies. This position has future firm ownership potential.
- Capitalize on existing Langan client relationships and oil and gas experience to expand services in the region. This will involve working with other Langan discipline leaders and the regional office managers to develop cross-selling strategies and initiatives;
- Develop new clientele and business in the traditional land development (Owners, Architects, Structural Engineers, etc.) practice area and the oil and gas industries; and ensure continuing office growth and profitability;
- Lead the geotechnical engineering practice in our Canonsburg, PA; Cleveland, OH; and Bridgeport, WV offices;
- Supervise and mentor geotechnical staff;
- Hire, develop and mentor new geotechnical personnel to support growth; and,
- Develop, maintain, and report on the regional business plans and performance.
- Bachelor Degree in Geotechnical Engineering;
- Professional accreditation as an engineer in PA, OH and WV (PA at a minimum);
- 12+ years of commercial, industrial, retail and/or hi-rise geotechnical experience in the Western PA area; Past field experience with geotechnical investigations and constructioninspectionexperience is required;
- Minimum of 5 years of geotechnical experience with oil and gas projects, as well as geological hazard analysis, particularly in HDD design, slope stability, and mine stabilization;
- Proven experience in preparing technical reports, specifications, construction plans, geotechnical recommendations and proposal writing; managing projects and billings; and reviewing the work of staff, mentoring, and managing performance;
- Strong client development and management abilities;
- A collaborative team builder with excellent interpersonal and social skills;
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills;
- A valid driver’s license in good standing; and,
- Position requires travel between our Canonsburg, Cleveland and Bridgeport offices.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!