As a Geotechnical Engineer in our Power & Transportation group you will have the opportunity to work on hydroelectric, transportation and other civil infrastructure projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Working from the Vancouver office where many of KCB’s larger infrastructure design projects are undertaken, you will report to the Manager GeoStructures and be responsible for geotechnical analyses and developing cost effective, practical engineering designs and construction solutions for our clients.
You will have excellent opportunities to grow as we undertake major infrastructure projects. You will be a part of a dynamic company that strives to ensure both employee and client satisfaction through successful implementation of our clients’ projects.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- work with diverse teams of discipline engineers, designers and drafters from conceptual design through preliminary and final design engineering and construction
- work on challenging design projects requiring soil mechanics and/or rock mechanics knowledge
- plan and execute geotechnical investigations
- prepare geotechnical factual and design reports
- act as a technical resource within your project team(s)
- manage projects and design teams to ensure objectives for project deliverables, budget and schedule are met and client expectations are fulfilled
- report progress to our clients and to our senior management at regular intervals
- be a member of site visit teams, gathering information as required to complement the related design activities
- maintain quality throughout a project, implementing improvements as required
- prepare regular project summary reports
- travel within Canada and internationally
If you are currently registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in BC, have 5 - 10 years broad-based experience, including a track record of solid results in heavy civil projects requiring geotechnical/geological engineering skills, we want to hear from you.
We value your:
- ability to understand cross-discipline design aspects and interface effectively within the multi-discipline (environmental, geotechnical, civil-structural, electrical and mechanical) design team of a large project, understand multi-discipline design concepts depicted on project drawings
- construction or geomatics experience
- experience with design, inspection and construction of surface and underground excavation in rock
- familiarity with seismic design using geotechnical analysis software
- strong geotechnical design and analytical skills
- geohazards assessment experience
- effective verbal and written English communication skills, with demonstrated report writing skills and the ability to communicate with clients, senior management and peers
- excellent organization, planning and execution skills
- initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success
- knowledge of Spanish an asset.