Our Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) office in Toronto, ON is looking for Geotechnical Engineers to support our Mining Environmental Group. The successful candidate must be ready to rise to the challenge, think outside the box, know how to get things done and want to join a great team.
We are looking for highly skilled, motivated civil and geological engineering professionals interested in working on projects from concept to operation and who excel at working within multi-disciplinary project teams.
You will be exposed to world-class technical challenges and have opportunities to learn from industry leaders. We offer unparalleled career growth for the right individual in a dynamic company committed to high quality engineering and environmental excellence, in line with the mining industry's commitment to social responsibility and sustainability. You will have the opportunity to build a diverse skill set in field and office engineering tasks and become part of a small integrated group of engineers and scientists.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Join and help us to develop our growing team of professionals.
- Learn from industry leaders, and take on crucial roles in project teams.
- Apply your technical skillset to the development of practical design solutions for our tailings and water retention dam projects.
- Work with diverse, multi-discipline engineering teams, and assist them on world-class projects, at all stages of design from concept to construction.
- Visit project sites, and work with our clients and teams to achieve their project needs.
- Benefit from unparalleled career growth in a dynamic company committed to high quality engineering and environmental excellence.
- Travel to various project sites within Canada and internationally.
If you have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in civil or geological engineering, are registered as a Professional Engineer in the province of Ontario and have between 5 to 8 years' of related work experience, we want to hear from you.
We value your:
- Experience in water retaining and tailings dam design, construction, operation, and maintenance
- Technical knowledge and experience in site characterization, and civil or geotechnical design
- Knowledge of the Canadian and Ontario market for consulting engineering
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary and multi-office project teams
- Initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence
- Enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success
- Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to learn
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience with civil and geotechnical design software
- Ability and interest in travelling domestically and internationally, occasionally to remote environments with limited communication or logistical support