Our Roseville, CA office is looking for Geotechnical Engineers to support critical infrastructure design and construction across the California foothills and mountains. Our projects include levees, canals, flumes, dams and everything else to help solve California’s critical water supply issues. This is an opportunity to work directly with civil and structural designers to implement creative geotechnical solutions.
Our Geotechnical Engineers earn and maintain client satisfaction by performing geotechnical engineering evaluations to support our Civil Engineer Design and Structural Engineering groups. This includes managing and executing field investigations, developing geotechnical recommendations for foundation, landslide mitigation, levee repairs, and dam safety evaluations. By supporting a wide range of geotechnical engineering projects, the Geotechnical Engineer embodies our client-focused philosophy and our commitment to delivering high quality work. Occasional field work, which may comprise multi-day or multi-week assignments, is expected.
- Perform geotechnical engineering tasks under direct supervision including analyses for critical water conveyance infrastructure, dams, levees, and hospitals.
- Coordinate, oversee and perform geotechnical subsurface investigation work.
- Prepare cost estimates, schedules, and technical reports to achieve project goals.
- Develop systematic approaches to solve unconventional and complex problems.
- Perform construction observation activities including: general grading, foundation preparation, pile installation, tie-back installation, etc.
- Interact with clients, stakeholders, and contractors during various phases of a project.
- 5-10 or more years of direct work experience in geotechnical engineering
- 4 or more years of field and laboratory experience involving logging of geotechnical borings/test pits and construction observation, materials testing and inspection services
- BS degree in Civil Engineering with a geotechnical emphasis
- PE license in CA, or a state that provides comity with CA
- Knowledge of engineering concepts, theories and practices as applied to geotechnical engineering, foundation systems, levees, and dams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of slope stability, seepage, and related computer programs
- Solid understanding of geologic hazards and hazard mitigation
- Proficient with standard office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Valid California driver’s license
- Successful completion of a drug screen and background check
- MS degree in Civil Engineering with a geotechnical emphasis
- GE license in CA, or a state that provides comity with CA