Overview / Responsibilities
Come join our team!
Make an impression in an international company among the 25 best employers in Canada1 and ranked one of the top 10 Environmental Firms2 in the world.
Amec Foster Wheeler is a growing engineering consulting firm, specializing in the Environment and Infrastructure business. With over 100 employees in Quebec, we provide industry leading engineering, consulting and project management services. Our team of professionals offers a full range of services to clients in a wide range of sectors including government, industrial & commercial, water, transportation, minerals & metals, oil & gas clients and clean energy. We are currently seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in Montreal.
Working in a growing and motivated team, you will be responsible for delivering a diverse range of high quality geotechnical services for various infrastructure mandates for different sectors (government, transportation and industrial-commercial). Furthermore, the Geotechnical Engineer will participate in the business development for the company's geotechnical operations.
Reporting to the Director – Infrastructure Group and working alongside a diverse team of junior and senior engineers and technicians, the Geotechnical Engineer will be responsible for managing and contributing to a wide variety of geo-environmental mandates.
- Manage and conduct geotechnical studies and analysis and provide recommendations on foundation designs (bearing capacity, settlements, slope stability, etc.)
- Perform technical and administrative review of projects and maintain client relationships
- Prepare site investigation programs
- Lead and supervise project teams
- Prepare technical reports
- Prepare technical proposals
- Participate in the business development for the company's geotechnical operations
- Perform all other duties associated with the role
Skills / Qualifications
- University graduate with degree in Civil or Geological Engineering; a Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering would be an asset
- Registered with the Quebec Order of Engineers (OIQ)
- Minimum of 8years of relevant geotechnical experience on Infrastructure projects
- Excellent oral and written French communication skills; bilingualism an asset
- Knowledge of geotechnical design standards
- Competency with the MS Office suite of applications