$150K — $200K *
CDM Smith is seeking a full time Senior Geotechnical Engineer with expertise in geotechnical engineering specifically in airfield pavement design. As a member of our Geotechnical Team you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
- Providing senior level experience with AASHTO flexible and rigid pavement design standards, Unified Facilities Criteria for Airfield Pavement Design, Unified Facilities Guide Specifications, and FAA Advisory Circulars required.
- Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate mid to large size field and laboratory services for transportation-related projects including roadway and airfield pavement projects, embankment design and retaining structures
- Perform and/or oversee geotechnical engineering analyses and evaluations for the design of new pavements and overlays, pavement condition surveys, pavement rehabilitation, and reconstruction
- Perform and/or oversee geotechnical engineering analyses and evaluations for other project types consistent with successful applicant’s expertise. This could include: earthwork, dewatering, and excavation support; shallow/deep foundations; pipelines; dams, reservoirs, and levees; solid waste; tunneling, micro-tunneling, and pipe jacking; or geo-environmental projects
- Write engineering reports and prepare Contract Documents
- Oversee engineering services during construction on projects involving pavement design and other project types consistent with successful applicant’s expertise which could include deep foundations, support of excavations, pipelines, and tunnels
- Prepare scope, schedules and budgets for proposals
- Manage projects, subcontractors, and geotechnical staff on multi-disciplined projects and work within multi-disciplined team environment
- Directing the work of a staff of up to 5 engineers and technicians
- Acting as mentor for lower-level employees
- Maintaining liaison with individuals and units within or outside organization
- Work with clients in the public, private, and federal sectors
- Bachelor's degree in Geotechnical, Civil, Mining or Geologic Engineering or related discipline. Professional engineering (PE) license.
- 10 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Master's degree in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical Engineering emphasis.
- Experience in all types of subsurface explorations, laboratory testing, foundation engineering, analysis, engineering report writing, preparation of contract documents.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience in Roller-Compacted Concrete for pavements and channel/basin liner projects is a plus.
- Experience in dams, trenchless technology / tunnels, and large civil projects is a plus.
- Experience with water and wastewater projects with state, county and municipal agencies is a plus.
- Experience with staff management, project management and business development is a plus.
- 10 years of related experience in pavement design for streets, highways, and airfields. Experience with AASHTO flexible and rigid pavement design standards, Unified Facilities Criteria for Airfield Pavement Design, Unified Facilities Guide Specifications, and FAA Advisory Circulars required.
- Experience on transportation projects with municipal, state, and federal agencies
- International experience with airfield pavement is a plus.
Valid through: 11/18/2020
$150K — $180K + base salary plus uncapped commissions and additional perks