$100K — $150K *
At CDM Smith, we make the world a better place. We design facilities that provide clean drinking water for communities throughout the world. We design facilities that treat wastewater and improve the quality of water in our lakes, rivers and harbors. We help major cities plan and implement transit projects. As a full-time Geotechnical/Tunnel Engineer you will have the opportunity to become a part of a collaborative multidisciplinary team of technical experts working on challenging projects in Environment, Industry, Transportation, and Water.
The successful candidate will have experience working on large civil engineering projects in the water and transportation market sectors as well as strong background and experience in the area of tunneling and underground design and construction. As a member of our Infrastructure Services Group you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
- Functioning as a technical specialist competent in design and construction works and experienced with the excavation support systems as well as construction of tunneling and underground works in various types of ground conditions.
- Serving as a senior geotechnical engineering lead and/or tunneling lead or task manager on projects involving tunneling and underground construction on complex civil engineering projects.
- Coordinating and reviewing the work of a staff of engineers.
- Overseeing the planning and execution of complex subsurface investigations including field and laboratory services for projects of this type.
- Performing engineering and soil-structure analyses and evaluations for seismic studies, dewatering, excavation support, shallow/deep foundations, pipelines, tunneling/micro-tunneling/pipe jacking, horizontal directional drilling (HDD) for water, roadway and transit projects.
- Writing engineering reports including Geotechnical Data and Geotechnical Baseline Reports and preparing plans and specifications for large civil engineering works.
- Providing services during construction on projects involving support of excavations, deep shafts, pipelines, and tunnels.
- Preparing scope, schedules and budgets for proposals.
- Managing projects, subcontractors, and geotechnical and structural staff on multi-disciplined projects and working within a multi-disciplined team environment.
- Acting as a mentor for junior level employees.
- Bachelor's degree in Geotechnical, Civil, Mining or Geologic Engineering or related discipline. Professional engineering (PE) license.
- 7 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Master's degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Tunnel Engineering or Engineering Geology/Mining Engineering.
- Experience in all types of subsurface explorations, laboratory testing, foundation engineering, analysis, engineering report writing, preparation of contract documents.
- Experience with large civil engineering projects for tunnels and underground infrastructure.
- Experience with water, wastewater conveyance or transportation projects with state, county and municipal agencies is preferred.
- Experience with staff management, project management and business development are a plus.
- (5) years of working experience in design for pipe jacking, micro tunneling, underground works, or tunneling in both rock and soft ground conditions.
Valid through: 3/30/2021
$80K — $100K
9 days ago