- Manage, train, and mentor staff within the local Washington DC office and elsewhere.
- Manage small to large geotechnical / geostructural projects including field activities.
- Perform and oversee engineering calculations and preparation of drawings related to geotechnical design work that will included but not be limited to excavation support, specialty foundations, drilled shafts, tunnels, slurry walls, and instrumentation.
- Prepare feasibility studies and other technical analysis for construction procedures.
- Prepare proposals for professional services and develop new business in areas of specialty geotechnical services. Support other GEI offices with proposals and the delivery of engineering services.
- Develop and maintain client relationships. Represent GEI in communications and conferences pertaining to areas of specialty geotechnical services and to broad aspects of engineering.
- Travel to project sites and other offices as required, including overnight travel.
- B.S. degree in civil or aligned engineering and an M.S. degree in Geotechnical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer
- 8-15+ years geotechnical engineering experience is required, structural engineering experience is a plus.
- Experience should include proficiency in Geostudio, LPile, Mathcad, Autocad, and other geotechnical programs. Proficiency in Plaxis, Wallap, SAP, and STAAD is a plus.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to work well alone and in a team atmosphere.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and review other’s work.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong client relationships and desire to obtain new business.
- Must be willing to travel on temporary assignments as necessary, including field assignments.
- Market-Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision and More
- Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Rewards and Recognition
- GEI-Funded Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- And More…