We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Landmark, a Halliburton business line, is the leading technology solutions provider of data and analytics, science, software, and services for the exploration and production industry. Landmark's innovative, integrated technology and services provide support for key decision points in the oil and gas life cycle, enabling energy companies around the world to lower costs, boost production, and increase productivity and profitability
Landmark is looking to hire an experienced Geostatistician to be part of a multidisciplinary team building innovative geostatistical and earth modeling tools to improve petroleum reservoir characterization. This position provides an exciting opportunity to advance the capabilities of Landmark’s DecisionSpace Geosciences platform and to see your ideas and vision implemented into cutting-edge solutions to current oil industry problems.
- Establish and define customer requirements, translate them into functional requirements, product improvements, and new software design
- Ensure a rich user experience by testing individual functionality, user interfaces, and statistical methodology
- Design and develop, execute and analyze tests to support and enhance overall product quality
- Author technical documents, write manuals, and create various learning materials.
- Help define the product vision and roadmap for future releases
- Strong background in geostatistics, geomodeling, geology and overall petroleum reservoir characterization
- Experience in geo-modeling/petroleum exploration and reservoir characterization
- Experience with solving real-world problems in industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with an ability to explain complex geostatistical concepts to non-specialists
- Proven ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to complete tasks quickly and with minimal supervision
- PhD in geostatistics, geoscience, statistics, or related fields
- >5 years’ experience in the field of geomodeling, geostatistics, and spatial statistics
- Working knowledge of a commercial geomodeling software package such as DecisionSpace, Petrel or GOCAD and/or the academic programming library GSLib
- Good knowledge of R, Pythonor Matlab for prototyping
- Good knowledge of any programming language like Java, Fortran, C, C++
- Good understanding of distributed computing technology like Spark.
Requisition Number: 53227