Maxar is looking for a Geospatial Software Developer who will work on client site at the U.S. Special Operations Command in a web development environment supporting a team whose mission is to provide geospatial web services.
Provide full-stack web development support for customized geospatial web applications that enable SOF-authoritative geospatial data visualization (2D & 3D) and search and discovery.
Develop and maintain geoprocessing tools for automating geospatial data translation/migration and web service publishing tasks.
Design and implement custom UIs that allow for interaction with geospatial web services and geo-processing services.
Prepare existing on-premises hosted web services for deployment and hosting on secure cloud computing environments.
Configure GIS server software for web mapping and geoprocessing service dissemination
Troubleshoot and debug issues with web mapping and geoprocessing service dissemination
Interact directly with geospatial scientists and government employees to ensure web applications and tools meet the needs of the customer and its clients.
Current Tech Stack:
- ESRI ArcGIS product suite (Desktop, Server, Enterprise GDB)
- .NET Framework 3.5 (ASP.NET MVC and Entity Framework)
- ESRI ArcGIS JS API
- Dojo JS Toolkit
- Sencha ExtJS
- ESRI Python SDK (arcpy)
- ESRI ArcObjects SDK (C#, Python, and/or Java)
- SQL Server 2016
- Must be a US Citizen with a current/active Secret Clearance to start and must be willing to obtain a TS/SCI.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or related field.
- 5+ years experience with design and implementation of web and/or desktop applications
- 5+ years experience with .NET Core or .NET Framework 3.5 web development (C#, ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework, Razor, MSTest)
- 5+ years of experience with Python (2.7 or higher)
- Experience developing against at least one ESRI ArcGIS API/SDK (arcpy, ArcObjects, ArcGIS JS API, ArcGIS REST API, etc.)
- Experience configuring and working with ESRI ArcGIS Server (10.4 – 10.8)
- Experience working with ESRI web map services and geoprocessing services
- Must be a motivated, self-driven team player who can interact well with others and advise/consult with other team members on software development related issues.
- Must be a good troubleshooter who can quickly develop creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Sencha ExtJS and Dojo JS
- ESRI ArcGIS JS API
- SQL Server (T-SQL) scripting
- ESRI ArcGIS product suite (Desktop, ArcGIS Server, SDE, ArcGIS Pro, etc.)
- ESRI Python SDK (arcpy) and ArcObjects SDK (C#, Python, and/or Java)
- Geospatial data (2D & 3D)
- Developing geospatial analytical models
- Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)