Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert continues to be certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place to Work®. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. Because of our growth, we are seeking an experienced Project Manager - Geospatial Transportation in Georgia, South Carolina, or Florida.
Woolpert’s Project Manager will direct project management, planning, scheduling, oversight, data development, and reporting supporting transportation projects involving geospatial technologies. The Project Manager will work with cross-functional teams to develop detailed deliverables, establish and improve client relationships and growth, and secure repeat opportunities within a client base. This candidate will lead the growth of the Department of Transportation (DOT) and local municipality business opportunities in the South East United States region and may assist projects in other states by providing geospatial design services and working with cross-functional teams to develop detailed deliverables.
- Geospatial industry work experience (10 or more years), using the following:
- Aerial, mobile and/ or terrestrial LiDAR
- Traditional boundary Right-of-Way (ROW) and topographic design surveys
- Subterranean Utility Engineering (SUE) to local standards.
- Managing technical (geospatial DOT) projects, five (5) years or more.
- Professional experience driving new business development and delivery oversight for geospatial projects within the transportation industry, knowledge of state DOT regulations
- Several examples of complex geospatial projects completed or ongoing in the transportation industry
- Demonstrable knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Open Road, MicroStation, Trimble Business Center, and other geospatial software is desired
- Willingness to undergo a pre-employment verification and drug screening
- Must be able to travel 40% to client sites, conferences and other Woolpert related functions
- PMP certification or ability to obtain certification is desired
- ASPRS Certified Photogrammetrist or Professional Land Surveyor License in Georgia, South Carolina, or Florida is required and multiple licensures in these states is highly desired
- Develop a pipeline of business opportunities within the Transportation and Rail industry that includes state DOTs, transit authorities, cities, or counties in Georgia, South Carolina, Or Florida
- Drive and develop teaming opportunities with other geospatial and engineering firms in the region
- Facilitate scope meetings with clients to construct needs analysis and project definitions
- Direct and collaborate with cross-functional teams across all project phases
- Analyze project resource needs and work with Discipline Leader/Team Leader/Market Leader to determine budget and appropriate resources for projects.
- Create a detailed project scope, and labor multiplier (fee)
- Develop and communicate work breakdown structure to Discipline Leader/Team Leader/Market Leaders.
- Ensure deliverables and quality standards are met in accordance with the agreed scope, and budget
- Collaborate with senior management to resolve and budget problems as they arise and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or are evident
- Facilitate client-facing change management and provide on-going communication throughout the project
- Conduct project close-out meetings and documents lessons learned
- Manage, monitor, and forecast metrics including Profit and Loss, Sales, and Net Revenue for the portfolio
- Accountable for the successful delivery of assigned projects
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and build strong relationships with clients and industry leaders
- Strong technical proficiency required, including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
- Adaptability and responsiveness to industry changes as well as initiatives