We're looking for a Project Manager with established skills managing web-based and mobile software development projects in a consulting environment. An early-career professional looking to acquire new skills and experience and make an impact – both with our clients and in your personal career. You will help plan, coordinate, organize, manage and sometimes contribute technically to multiple concurrent projects (your portfolio). This position will also include participating in recruiting, on-boarding, project-scoping and business development endeavors. The project team this role would collaborate with is primarily based in Seattle, WA.
We need excellent communicators that can work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects and priorities, and quickly assimilate new technologies. You will collaborate with our highly skilled teams to manage resources, tasks and budgets. In general, you will become a critical part of multidisciplinary team that defines, plans, and delivers custom web-based and mobile geospatial solutions!
- Work with sales and/or technical teams to develop scope, schedule, and budgets.
- Manage complex projects of varying size, from project planning through to project completion.
- Coordinate all aspects of project delivery: requirements, design, implementation, QA, deployment and ongoing support.
- Translate business requirements to a proposed technical solution.
- Solidly apply agile methodologies to projects, selecting approaches and scaling appropriately per client and project requirements in a consulting environment.
- Communicate constructively with emotional intelligence and respect for all team members, including working effectively with international clients and stakeholders.
- Define, develop, manage and document project schedule/milestones.
- Facilitate project reviews and process improvement, and project wrap up reflective meetings.
- Proactively drive project-related issues to appropriate resolution, and plan contingencies and mitigation due to project-related risks.
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships with other technical resources with the company.
- Facilitate and participate in status meetings with stakeholders.
- Experience working in consulting or a client project delivery environment.
- Strong industry background and experience with custom designed, full lifecycle software development projects.
- 3+ years' experience managing software development projects that deliver cool, cutting-edge web-based and mobile applications.
- Demonstrated experience managing both Agile and Waterfall projects.
- Great communicator with all levels of colleagues and clients.
- Experience managing project staff; recruiting, coaching, mentoring, and providing constructive input and support.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in local, national and international communities of practices relevant to our technical domains.
Highly Desirable Candidate Qualities
- Experience working with a broad range of open source technologies.
- Experience working with OpenStreetMap data and tools.
- Ability to support business development by articulating the company's value proposition as it relates to project delivery.
- Available for periodic international travel including Europe and Africa