Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job. The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
As a Geospatial Intelligence Analyst, the successful candidate will lead a team engaged in: (1) collecting, processing, and delivering of geospatial data; (2) perform quality assurance and quality control on data products; (3) managing and organizing large volumes of geospatial data, and (4) supporting geospatial data production within an HPC or Supercomputing environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential functions are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. This list of essential functions is not intended to reflect every duty that may be performed within the job.
- Be a part of a team performing a diverse set of geospatial processing and production tasks, this may include non-geospatial tasks.
- Identify, analyze, evaluate and assemble geospatial source data from open source, onsite, commercial and GFI repositories to support production requirements
- Support productions workflows within on-site HPC, Supercomputer and Cloud processing environments
- Maintain regular communication with subcontractor and vendors staff
- Provide Geospatial expertise in geospatial production environment and development automated production workflows
- Take on and complete project tasks independently with minimal oversight from Project Manager
- Develop, integrate and oversee Perform Quality Control and Quality Assurance (QA/QC) tasks to ensure data integrity, with support from other staff.
- Work with the team to ensure physical and data security procedures
- Work within a small close knit team, reporting to the Team Lead and Project Manager.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work within a small flexible team which may requiring performing ad-hoc jobs as required to complete a project tasks.
- Support daily activity as required.
- Converse on a regular basis with all members of the team, the team management, other members of GNIS, and be actively involved in the ongoing commercial activity. Both in person and remotely through email, phone, and video teleconference
- Interact when needed with Project Partners.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience using geospatial technologies in a professional and/or educational setting
- Minimum of 3 years of experience using desktop software to process satellite remote sensing data, including SAR
- Knowledge of standard 2D and 3D industry and government geospatial raster formats
- Familiarity with image interpretation
- Experience processing/creating Digital Elevation Models (DEM)
- Experience deploying advanced geospatial processing techniques
- Experience with Programming and Scripting
- Experience with distributed processing in Cloud, High Performance Computing (HPC) and/or Supercomputing environments
- Knowledge of industry and government metadata standards and formats
- USA citizen
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of geospatial principles including datum/projection, data types and formats, accuracy assessment methodologies, data integrity, stereo extraction, ortho-rectification, SAR processing, and GIS analysis.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Ability to communicate to others to convey information effectively.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Skilled at understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Effective, professional, and engaging communication skills.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Effective time management skills.
- Position requires initiative, independence, persistence, attention to detail, achievement, dependability, diplomacy, discretion, integrity, stress tolerance, and professional appearance.
- Motivated, self-starter.
- Ability to effectively interact with other team members possessing a range of knowledge and skillsets, from highly technical to non-technical support staff
- Bachelors or Masters from an accredited college in a geospatial, or related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system.
Additional Qualifying Factors:
As a condition of employment, must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results.
The Tatitlek Corporation gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to Tatitlek shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Tatitlek Corporation recognizes that our strength lies in our people. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment, in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business.