MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB) is seeking experienced candidates for Geospatial Analyst positions;
- Junior level (3-10 years of experience) and
- Senior level (10 - 20years of experience).
This position will involve performing detailed analysis of specific Geospatial intelligence analysis on issues supporting current and future areas of responsibility supporting the customer's mission.
The candidate will work with key customers and counterpart analysts to provide geospatial analysis support services, software support services, and computer programming support services to a geospatial standards development team. The candidate will join a government contractor team providing geospatial intelligence analysis on issues supporting current and future areas of responsibility within the customer’s mission. The candidate will work directly with customers and team members to provide geospatial analysis support services, software support services, and computer programming support services to a geospatial standards development team. The analyst will serve as a subject matter expert on data standards, data modeling and schema development. In this position, the successful candidate will also collaborate with national partners in interpreting extraction guidance, feature requirements, and metadata concepts. The successful candidate will also establish formal relationships with government contractors and GIS application vendors to develop standardized data exchanges and increase software interoperability.
Positions are located in Springfield, VA.
The positions are rotational with shift work required.
- The work requires candidates to have a security clearance, candidates are required to have US citizenship and TS/SCI and willing to take a Counter-Intelligence Polygraph.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience for junior positions and 10 years experience for the senior positions.
- Candidate must have successfully completed a military or government Imagery Analysis training course equivalent to the Geospatial Intelligence Training Program (GITP).
- Expertise in ISO 19115 Geographic Information Metadata and ISO 19139 XML Schema Implementation.
- Expertise in data standards, data modeling, and schema development.
- Knowledge of standard geospatial analysis software suites, including, but not limited to: ERDAS IMAGINE, ArcMap, ArcView, FalconView and SOCET SET.
- Knowledge of GIS applications such as ArcGIS, ArcView, ArcExplorer, Google Earth, and Microsoft Virtual Earth.
- Knowledge of digital data formats such as vector data, shapefiles, geospatial databases, GML, and XML.
- Knowledge of the Intelink database.
- Understanding of CIB1, TLM, DTED, SRTM, NTM, DNC, and DVOF.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive technical reports.
- Ability to collaborate across the customer's Directorates and the large GIS community to garner and apply industry best practices for developing standards and processes.
- Proficiency with XML, XSD, and XSL.
- Proficiency with writing scripts.
- Proficiency with GAIT and ArcGIS Defense Solutions.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with developing standards-related training materials and providing meeting coordination and support.